72duster headliner help..PLEASE...

-

dust-u

Reaction score
I have finally got my car back from paint and its time to put it back together..I want to trash my cardboard headliner and use a 6 bow fabric one from a donor 70 duster..There are no holes in the side of the body..but the teeth up front/rear and sail panel area are there...The bows themselves(6).have about a 1/2 inch that sticks out to go into the body..It does not use clips(bow looks like an omega sign)Has anyone attempted this? or can anyone send me some pics/measurements from a 70 duster..I know this can be done..? and now its more like a quest..any help/suggestions welcomed..come on my a body bretheren help a fellow member in his time of distress:rock: please..

There are some pockets that clip on the inside of the roof rails to accept the bows. You'll need these too as well as listing hooks in the rear. You can see more pics of a headliner going in if you scroll down my page below.

http://70duster440.com/reassembly.html

bowpocket.jpg

listingwire.jpg

heya...I do not have what you have pictured..the bows have a 1/2 inch that sticks out and goes directly into the body...

I was thinking of doing that on my 75. There is an aftermarket supplier that offers a full kit just for converting. I am thinking its laysons or paddock.

-
Back