73 dart build date

-
Replacement door maybe?? What's the fender tag say? My door and Fender Tags are 73 but the dash vin is 74. What's on your title???

Model year production starts in the previous year, late Summer to early Fall. It ends around late Spring to Summer. I have a 1970 Challenger door stating it was built in Sept. or Oct. 1969 (forgot the exact date). My 2004 Dodge Ram 3500 was built in July of 2004, among the last ones from that model year.

Fnasausage's car is a '73 and OwdKasd's car is a '74.

The manufacture date of the part is what you see stamped. If there was no change in design of the part, Chrysler typically used whatever remained in inventory. Remember that auto manufacturers built many more parts than complete cars for repair purposes.

9/72 IS a 73 car!! Typically the first date of the selling year is September 1 of the following year, so your car is an early sale 1973. If you were to post the VIN of the car or had the build sheet you would probably see that it was assembled in August, and probably a sales bank car. Geof

Yup, '73 model built in late '72. As mentioned, your fender tag or build sheet will verify this or not depending on what parts are original.

-
Back