73 dart seat frames??

-

rxod

Reaction score
I am restoring a 73 Swinger for my daughter and I ordered at set of seat covers from legendary. What they sent me for the rear top seat does not fit my frame. This car is very original and I have no reason to believe that the rear seats have ever been changed, plus they fit and bolt up perfectly. Legendary insists that I have the wrong frame. It has a tag with a part number and a date of 2/14 73. Does anyone out there have a part number from their reat seat? I appreciate the help.

Rear bench backs and bottoms did come in serveral different shapes but all fit the same mounting points. You haven't said the cover is smaller than the frame or larger than the frame. Measurements of your frame may serve better than part numbers if you can get other 73 2 door Dart/Valiant owners to measure their frames. I'm curious as to how well the cover fit on the rear seat bottom too. If one piece was changed , chances are they both were.
Lifes situations that would require a seat replaced normally effect both parts. Good luck.

The Legendary seat covers are about 2 inches short across the top of the back (from bead to bead). The bottom they sent me did not have the listings sewn on, so I returned them to be fixed, but they appear to fit. Legendary says they have the "correct one" for sale. I just find it hard to believe mine aren't the originals because the original owner kept every part that he ever took off (which I have). But, I guess stranger things have happened.

-
Back