'73 Duster owner

-

blackbomber

Raging Member
Reaction score
I was going to wait until this car was actually parked in my garage before introducing myself, but I'm probably going to want to ask questions before then. My name is Wilson, and this is my second Mopar (unless you count my ZJ - I don't). Seven years ago, I bought a 1967 Dart 110 post coupe (see last photo). It was one of those deals that just fell in my lap. I wasn't looking for any car, and had never considered an early A-body. It was a great car. I used it daily, year round. I finally sold it when an out of town move meant I would be car pooling, and it just didn't fit into my lifestyle at the time. I also desparately needed down payment money for the house I was purchasing. I always regretted that sale.

Fast forward to the present: I just had a good friend, and fellow FABO member Boss Vega V8 purchase a Duster for me. From the pics, you can see it needs some TLC - mainly cosmetic. Where I live (Connecticut) this would be considered clean, for an original 37 year old car. Anyhow, I have been without a proper car for several years, and am looking forward to using this as a driver. And from what I understand, it drives surprisingly well considering the obvious cosmetic neglect. It is a one owner, 77,000 mile car that was registered and operable at the time of purchase. It's a 318/auto, sport bench space duster. It's 100% original (aside from maintenance) which in this case is not necessarily a good thing. I'll withhold my own judgment on the car until I see it myself, but for now I'm just looking forward to getting behind the wheel of a real car again. Boss and I are looking into shipping (a few cars on one truck), and I expect to have it in a month or so.

IMG00102-20100406-0953.jpg

IMG00104-20100406-0954.jpg

IMG_1834.jpg

IMG_1827.jpg

25161_404674982436_505922436_4954208_7297450_n.jpg

IMG_1833.jpg

IMG_1832.jpg

IMG00099-20100406-0952.jpg

67dart11.jpg

Thanks. I was really hoping to find a car where I could salvage the original paint. I probably should have held out, but time is limited. Boss Vega V8 isn't going to be out on the west coast past June, and I wanted to take advantage of his offer to facilitate the transaction.
Driving a car with fresh paint and interior (or what most hacks consider "restored" out here) in no way compares to having an original car, in my book. At least I'll know what sins lurk (or in this case don't lurk) underneath.

That car looks like it's in amazing shape. I don't see any rust at all. What state is it from? I just had a car shipped from ohio to maine using uship.com Might be worth a try for you if need be.

Looks like California. It has California plates. Nice project!

It's California. Original blue plates. I pulled some strings, told a few white lies, and it's now registered in my name, with those plates. I'll probably get stopped a lot driving in that condition here with those plates, so I don't know how long I'll keep it this way. But if it gets me to DMV for the VIN verification, it will be worth it. Oddly, the reg is one thing that is delaying shipping, since we need to wait for DMV to issue the new title. But I'm in no rush.

Thanks for all the welcomes. I'm already making some connections. A fellow member who lives the next town over from me is setting me up with a set of Rally wheels for a killer price. I'm picking them up this weekend. Pretty happy about that, because I really wanted a set, but I'm trying to keep this under $6,000. Another local member might have a dash pad for me. Great to find all these large parts within pickup distance.

-
Back