73 swinger rear window filller?

-

jump454

Reaction score
im not sure what its called but the panel between the rear window and the trunk lid? where the vinyl top was riveted or wutever holds it there, the holes have rusted out. does anyone sell a replacement panel? or is just cut and weld in metal the only way to go?

package tray I believe. have you checked year one, the quality of metal is not the best but if you cant find a rust free one from a donor then that might be the only way to go. I am sure others will correct me if I am wrong. (Please do we all need to learn a little every day!)

I've heard this called the rear deck lid filler panel. Think the package tray is on the other side of the glass, inside the car. The only way I know that you can replace it is to cut and weld. Think some of the clips that hold the rear window & gasket in place are on it. The holes you have are remnants of the little pins that Ma Mopar welded on to hold a trim strip in place. The trim strip covered the seam between the vinyl top & sheet metal. Good luck.

hell yeah guys!! thats what it is. i searched ebay and i found like 3 for my car. you guys rock. thank you

-
Back