74 360 Duster Sunroof

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

manofmopar340

Reaction score
Hey guys,got a 74 Duster I'm getting ready to part.It's a 49,*** original mile 360 4 spd car and it's pretty solid and complete,I just don't want to sink a bunch of cash into it that I'll never see again.My question is,how do you pull out a factory sunroof without tearing anything up?I don't visit this site very often,but I do check in every couple months.Thanks ahead of time.

cut off the roof under the seams on the A and C pillars. easiest way for someone to install on a non sunroof car.

Hey guys,got a 74 Duster I'm getting ready to part.It's a 49,*** original mile 360 4 spd car and it's pretty solid and complete,

if it is "solid and complete", being a pretty rare car to start with. I would think you could get a decent price selling the car as is and not "sinking" a bunch of your time into parting it out.

Just sell it as a complete car instead of wasting time and money to part it.

It really is a pretty decent car and I don't really want to,but I have a few other projects that I would like to put some money into.I figure parting it would bring more than selling it as is.People don't really look at it as worth much because it's not a 340 4 spd car.I found that rarity doesn't play as large a role as I originally thought.The only thing that would make me want to restore it (only needs body,paint and interior work.it runs.) and drive it is because it was one of my dad's old cars.I'd really like to get my Super Bee and Challenger going.

It really is a pretty decent car and I don't really want to,but I have a few other projects that I would like to put some money into.I figure parting it would bring more than selling it as is.People don't really look at it as worth much because it's not a 340 4 spd car.I found that rarity doesn't play as large a role as I originally thought.The only thing that would make me want to restore it (only needs body,paint and interior work.it runs.) and drive it is because it was one of my dad's old cars.I'd really like to get my Super Bee and Challenger going.

So where are you located and what color combo is the car?

I never said anything about selling complete.
you just got an offer to sell the car from someone who will save it instead of gutting it up and scrapping it. i know you B and E body guys think its just scrap metal because its an A body duster and aint worth ****. its a 360 4 speed sunroof car dude. they didnt make many
when in doubt, part it out ..

sorry.. damn bold lettering

I'll consider it,but don't exactly see it as much of an option.It may be a few weeks before I start to part the Duster.I'm working on parting a 68 Sport Fury and a 70 Sport Fury GT right now anyway.Once again,even though it's rare doesn't make it worth much as a complete car.

It's also a space saver car with a fold down rear seat.I know exactly what the car is,how many were built,how rare the options are and so on.I didn't ask for advice on making a decision to sell the car complete.If the title was in your name it would be a different story.I said I would consider it and I will.Right now I have a bit much on my plate and would like to get the most I can.

you just got an offer to sell the car from someone who will save it instead of gutting it up and scrapping it. i know you B and E body guys think its just scrap metal because its an A body duster and aint worth ****. its a 360 4 speed sunroof car dude. they didnt make many
when in doubt, part it out ..

sorry.. damn bold lettering

Your, right Lance! But, some people you just can't get through too! :violent1:

It's also a space saver car with a fold down rear seat.I know exactly what the car is,how many were built,how rare the options are and so on.I didn't ask for advice on making a decision to sell the car complete.If the title was in your name it would be a different story.I said I would consider it and I will.Right now I have a bit much on my plate and would like to get the most I can.

i think you will be very disappointed to find out you will never get more out of the pieces than you would selling it whole. sheet metal is everywhere and dirt cheap. 360's are dime a dozen. unless you are charging E body prices and find that one guy who will pay them, you are not going to get much for that car in pieces. doors, trunk lids, fenders. hoods, grills , tail lights , bumpers are everywhere and covers the better part of 3 years and some pieces all 6 years. the money will be in the disc brakes , the 4 speed , maybe the roof and maybe the fold down seat. the pedals and hump are around all the time. that is only if the pieces are decent and arent rusted out or full of mud. if you already have a bit much on your plate , then selling it whole would make much more sense and be much less time consuming than tearing it apart and dealing with all that nonsense.

Besides all of that,my father was the second owner of this car and it has been in our family since the early 80's.It played a major role in my love of these old cars and I have several memories of him taking me cruising in it.Sentimental value doesn't mean anything when it comes to selling cars or parts.It's not that I view a bodies as worthless.Just don't feel like trading a complete running car for a McChicken when I can part it and have steak.

Just don't feel like trading a complete running car for a McChicken when I can part it and have steak.

you are going to be seriously disappointed when you have a shed full of McChicken duster parts you cant sell . the parts are not rare , the car as a whole is. your steak will be 3 day old McRib

If that's the case then offer me something for it.Just off the top of your head,sight unseen,knowing what the car is.Just shoot me a price you would pay for it.I can guarantee you it won't be as much as I could get for just the few pieces you named off.

Hey guys,got a 74 Duster I'm getting ready to part.It's a 49,*** original mile 360 4 spd car and it's pretty solid and complete,I just don't want to sink a bunch of cash into it that I'll never see again.My question is,how do you pull out a factory sunroof without tearing anything up?I don't visit this site very often,but I do check in every couple months.Thanks ahead of time.

cut off the roof under the seams on the A and C pillars. easiest way for someone to install on a non sunroof car.

I haven't thought of that idea.Suppose I'll give it a try...

It looks like Oldmanmopar answered your question on removing the sunroof.

If that's the case then offer me something for it.Just off the top of your head,sight unseen,knowing what the car is.Just shoot me a price you would pay for it.I can guarantee you it won't be as much as I could get for just the few pieces you named off.

The rest of this is looking like a 4-sale thread to me. Please post 4-sale threads in the appropriate forums :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back