74 Dart 318 Hedman Headers

-

gipperco

Reaction score
Okay I have a question. I know that this is done all the time so I know that this will be an easy thread. I have a 74 Dart Swinger that was a /6. Now has a 318 in it PS & 727. I have a set of Hedman Headers that I need to install. Who can tell me the easiest way to install them. I know that the center link has to be taken apart and fed through the header. But what is the easiest way to do the entire project?

When I installed mine I also had to take the power steering box off, and I took the motor mount loose on the left side and raised the motor, the right side went right in.

unbolt passangerside mount, tilt engine over to driver side, take down centerlink, install passangerside header,bolt passangerside mount again..unbolt starter,driverside mount, tilt motor over to passangerside,install header while puting starter back in, reainstall centerlink after lowering engine back into possition.then reinstall driverside enginemount..
you only need to undo the big boolt going thru the spoolmounts.

Duster 340 you forgot BFH and Prybar LOL! Good instruction. Leave everything on header loose until you have all the bolts in place on head. Right side 30 min left side 4 hours LOL!

Duster 340 you forgot BFH and Prybar LOL! Good instruction. Leave everything on header loose until you have all the bolts in place on head. Right side 30 min left side 4 hours LOL!

well i havent tried hedmans but yeah sometimes prybar and BFH is very usefull:) very good advice also to leave bolts loose until they are all in there second bolt from the front on driver side are usualy a big pain and the two last bolts can also need some creative thinking with most headers unless your hands are the size of a 2year old ;)
also i forgot to say that you may have to lover the engine down with headers just put in place but not bolted to head, it is a thight fit everywhere..

i have TTIs on my car now and they are alitle easier to fit but much harder to make them fit the wallet,and i need new ones for my new motor :(

After you get em in take it easy on dips and speedbumps the three tubes under the centerlink hang pretty low and will be the first thing that hits the pavement.

Thanks guys. I hope that there wont be too many dips or speed bumps to worry about since it is a strip car. : )

-
Back