74 Dart swinger a/c delete

-

RonVonIE

Reaction score
I have a 74 swinger, 318ci, I am going to remove the a/c system in this car, it does not work and for what I will be using the car for I would rather ditch this 100lbs of dead weight. Question #1, now that the a/c motor will no longer be there what do I do about the alternator belts? Just run a smaller belt or do I need to get a tensioner? Question #2, what do I do about the lines that are coming from the radiator? Cap them off or is there a bypass that needs to be run? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Going to start the dismantle in 5,4,3,2...
user_online.gif
progress.gif
I have a 74 swinger, 318ci, I am going to remove the a/c system in this car, it does not work and for what I will be using the car for I would rather ditch this 100lbs of dead weight. Question #1, now that the a/c motor will no longer be there what do I do about the alternator belts? Just run a smaller belt or do I need to get a tensioner? Question #2, what do I do about the lines that are coming from the radiator? Cap them off or is there a bypass that needs to be run? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Going to start the dismantle in 5,4,3,2...
user_online.gif
progress.gif
I have a 1974 dart swinger 318ci, I am wanting to remove the a/c system as it is bad and I dont really need it for what im doing with the car, not to mention I could use the weight loss of 100lbs from all that a/c equipment. Question #1, How do I go about the alternator belt not that the a/c motor is gone? Buy a shorter one or is there a tensioner that needs to be installed? Question #2, what do I do about all the a/c lines from the radiator to the firewall? Plug them off? This is my first a/c delete ive never built a car with a/c. Im going to start this project in 5,4,3,2... any help?

To change from A/C to no A/C, you need a complete set of pulleys and alternator brackets from a non-A/C engine. I'm not sure what "lines coming from the radiator" are. They have 2 big hoses and 2 small A/T cooler lines (if yours is an automatic) and that's it. You will still need them without A/C.

-
Back