-
Status
Not open for further replies.

SwingSet

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Selling my 1974 Dart Swinger 318 auto runner. It was meant to be a rolling fixer and was a daily driver for a year after purchasing. Had a leaky vinyl top when I first bought it, so the vinyl was removed, rust neutralized and cleaned up, and patched with body filler to stop leakage. Trim pieces didn't all survive that project, but my plan was to clean up surfaces and eliminate as many trim pieces as possible. Car was removed from daily driver status a year ago and title changed to 'collector vehicle' in WA State for fair weather driving.

Specifics:

74 Swinger package ($1200 as-is, as listed, Optima battery not included)
318 2bbl (carb recently rebuilt, straightened, decked), has exhaust leak on driver side manifold
904 trans rebuilt 2 years ago (very few miles on it) with shift kit (unknown make)
New torque converter at rebuild
Nippondenso 70A alternator swap (internally regulated), no more flickering lights or dead voltage regulators!
Direct wiring to battery
Electronic ignition (factory)
Mopar clutch fan installed last year, cut down on engine drag
Power steering
Manual disk brakes from factory (calipers changed last year during brake work), large bolt pattern
Starter was new a couple years ago, just before I bought the car.
Ammeter bypassed but no voltmeter installed
Gauges intermittent except speedometer, never tracked that down
Wiper pivots rebuilt and upgraded, greaseable, wiper linkage rebuilt and lubricated...work like new (so quiet!)
14" factory Mopar rallye wheels on roller tires (have a couple extra trim rings as well), large bolt pattern (5x4.5)
14" factory black steel wheels on roller tires, large bolt pattern also
Heater core installed while a daily driver, new hoses, heater and defrost work great when duct hoses stay on :)

Front and rear windows are in great shape with no cracks, but gaskets need to be replaced. Windshield and rear window both have small leaks in the gaskets, so car sits with a tarp over it during the rainy season. Car has typical rear quarter rust from leaky rear window and failed vinyl rust through. Plan was to find a clean donor car and swap solid pieces over. Seats are all still inside, some little parts missing but all seat belts are present.

Car never had factory sway bars, so it does float a little in spite of newer Monroe shocks. It is still fun to drive around and although pieces are spraypainted to help control rust, it still gets looks and thumbs up.

Asking $1200 for the car as-is. I do have some Energy Suspension bushings I'll send along with it (control arms, motor mounts, leaf spring bushings).

PM me for more photos, info, or to set up a viewing/running. Local only (Covington, WA), cash only, no trades or shipping.

Thanks!

Phil

Attachments

• 20150827_182059.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 281
  • 20150827_181846.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 282
  • 20150827_181859.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 287
  • 20150827_181904.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 282
  • 20150827_182016.jpg