'75-'76 A-body Pedal Setup?

-

Casey

Reaction score
Is the '75-'76 A-body pedal assembly (clutch and brake) unique to those two years? I'm trying to find out if the '75-'76 assembly is actually the same as used on '76-'80 F-bodies, as I need some pedals to convert my '77 Aspen to manual tans. There's a '75 manual trans Duster at a local salvage yard I could get the assembly form if it will work.

Does anyone have a pic of the '75-'76 assembly? Brewer's website lists it, but doesn't show a pic of it...

TIA,

Casey

Look at the mount bracket currently on your car.

IIRC, the F-body set ups do not have the steering column relief. they are flat along the top of the bracket.

The pedals from the Duster may work.

73-76 on left 70-72 on right
Pedals.jpg

Thanks for posting that. You are correct about the F-bpdy support bracket- mine actually has a bolt passing through the (flat) top area, where the A-body relief is.

I have done an auto-to-4-speed swap in my '77 Dodge van, and all I needed to do (pedal wise) was remove the brake pedal bolt and slide in the clutch pedal. The clutch pedal shaft passes through the brake pedal's pivot bore and allows both the clutch and brake pedals to pivot freely.

Is an A-body the same way? I.e., can I just remove the autmatic brake pedal and pivot bolt, and add the clutch pedal (with integral shaft?) which both will pivot on?

I assumed that the entire assembly (mainly the support bracket) needs to be changed out when going from auto-to-manual, but is that incorrect? Does the support bracket in a '73+ A-body support both the automatic brake pedal and/or the manual clutch and brake pedal?

Sorry for posting an F-body question here, but there seems to be little F-body info on the web about such a swap. I appreciate the help very much!

Casey

Casey,

I think you can swap out the pivot. The bracket is the same, auto or 4 speed.

Thanks.

Does the '73+ A-body bracket pictured have four studs on it to mount the brake master cylinder?

Also, what year did A-bodies get the clutch safety switch? '75?

Thanks.

Does the '73+ A-body bracket pictured have four studs on it to mount the brake master cylinder?

Also, what year did A-bodies get the clutch safety switch? '75?

I think it has 4 studs

1970 was first year for safety switch.

After looking again at the F-body pics I posted on moparts, I think A- and F-body pedals are definitely different. Thanks for all of you help so far. It's much appreciated. I will get this figured out soon!

Casey

I have both ***. and I can take pics if you still want them. They ARE very different and will NOT interchange. furthermore the A body's pivot is different depending on if it was from a /6 or v8. I have not yet compared my F body pedals to see if the /6 and v8 are different or similar. Like I said I will get some pics of the two tomorrow. -Ross-

I have both ***. and I can take pics if you still want them. They ARE very different and will NOT interchange. furthermore the A body's pivot is different depending on if it was from a /6 or v8. I have not yet compared my F body pedals to see if the /6 and v8 are different or similar. Like I said I will get some pics of the two tomorrow. -Ross-

No need, but thanks for the offer. I have what I need, save for an F-body z-bar and z-bar frame bracket.

-
Back