&750 Quick Fuel 750 double pumper, with a choke.....

-

Abodybomber

Breaking street machines , since 1983.....:)
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I have had 750 ,850 Holley double pumper's handed to me, i boxes.. They ran wonderful.. Someone loaned me a 750 Quick Fuel 750 d.p....with a choke.. It fouled plugs, on a 550 horsepower 383.., I pulled it apart, swapped the silly four vane P.V . fot a Holley p.v. ...it s still black dry on plugs, and running dry on gas( two gallons) in twenty minutes JUST UNREAL.... Share , your thoughts....

Quickfuel is Holley.
I run a 750 QF on a 5.9, no fouling at all runs excellent, im at 6300ft and only dropped two jets down.

Because I ask the obvious questions....
Is the air cleaner holding the choke closed?

QF is a holley based carb, just much better. More on par with the holley HP series. Once you find the issue I think you'll be really happy.

Years ago, I put a ZZ4 in a 66 Vette. We had a cam that really woke that 350 up. I also put the 850 from the 502s on it. Test and tune, the little car was scary fast. Buttoned her up for delivery and it wouldn't rev beyond 5200 or so and it would dog out. Back into the shop it went. Long story short, jet changes, PV changes, every time would be scary fast. Every time we went for delivery, it would act like a pig.
Well, we were using a factory drop base air filter and we would test without it and install for delivery. The lid was just low enough to tip the choke blade in slightly and lock out the vacuum secondaries. Stacking two air horn gaskets fixed the problem.
My engine guy and me still laugh about that.

I also run a QF SS-750 on my 440 the electrical choke sucks and I used the adjuster to completely turn it off may want to check to choke adjustment

Years ago, I put a ZZ4 in a 66 Vette. We had a cam that really woke that 350 up. I also put the 850 from the 502s on it. Test and tune, the little car was scary fast. Buttoned her up for delivery and it wouldn't rev beyond 5200 or so and it would dog out. Back into the shop it went. Long story short, jet changes, PV changes, every time would be scary fast. Every time we went for delivery, it would act like a pig.
Well, we were using a factory drop base air filter and we would test without it and install for delivery. The lid was just low enough to tip the choke blade in slightly and lock out the vacuum secondaries. Stacking two air horn gaskets fixed the problem.
My engine guy and me still laugh about that.
Yea , I don't run low profile air cleaner bases, just for that reason... The old L88 'Vette "bell shape" base, gets run, on everything. (Comes from the Y2K Chevelle street racer days,... Hell ..ran a Hemi scoop, to keep what I know , that works...
Went back to a well modified 4779, BIG DIFFERENCE. I like the QFT carb, I NEED to get it running reliability wise, on the cheap...

Yea , I don't run low profile air cleaner bases, just for that reason... The old L88 'Vette "bell shape" base, gets run, on everything. (Comes from the Y2K Chevelle street racer days,... Hell ..ran a Hemi scoop, to keep what I know , that works...
Went back to a well modified 4779, BIG DIFFERENCE. I like the QFT carb, I NEED to get it running reliability wise, on the cheap...
It always costs me more when I do "on the cheap".

-
Back