76 duster weatherstrips

-

awg329

Reaction score
I need to replace the door, roof rail, and quater glass weatherstrips on my 76 duster. I also need the window sweeps. What brand or supplier fits well ? Thanks in advance !

I need to replace the door, roof rail, and quater glass weatherstrips on my 76 duster. I also need the window sweeps. What brand or supplier fits well ? Thanks in advance !
I have heard that Steele Rubber products are the best. Are they worth the extra money ?

Metro or Steele will have what you need other than the quarter window seal. It's not available. The only manufacturer of those broke the machine that ran those seals. You'll have to make due with what you have or find a better used set.

Riddler

Thanks Riddler. I see that Steele's website used to say available in august 2016 now says call for those quarter window seals.

Metro or Steele will have what you need other than the quarter window seal. It's not available. The only manufacturer of those broke the machine that ran those seals. You'll have to make due with what you have or find a better used set.

Riddler
So if there is only one manufacture of the quarter glass weatherstrips, all the suppliers have the same stuff ?

Yes... It common misconception that most of the seals are made by different machines or manufacturers. Only a few have multiple manufacturers, but most are made in China and just branded differently.

Unfortunately for us Duster owners that quarter window seal was one that was made in China and had gotten broken.

Riddler

-
Back