77 plymouth superbird?

-
There never was a 77 Superbird. 1970 Superbird only, in 69 it was a Daytona Charger

Sad but true... he's right, it's a 77 Superbird alright!! Alas, due to emission regulations the once mighty Superbird was de-factored down to a lowly 2 bbl 318 by 1977!! Also long gone was the trademark rear wing ....regulated off the car by the Mad Moms..... and the front nose cone....yep, Reaganomics killed that off too. All thats left is what you see here, a single example of the former King of all the super speedways!!

R.I.P, Mr. The King!!

Sad but true... he's right, it's a 77 Superbird alright!! Alas, due to emission regulations the once mighty Superbird was de-factored down to a lowly 2 bbl 318 by 1977!! Also long gone was the trademark rear wing ....regulated off the car by the Mad Moms..... and the front nose cone....yep, Reaganomics killed that off too. All thats left is what you see here, a single example of the former King of all the super speedways!!

R.I.P, Mr. The King!!

Are you thinking about the Super Coupe? Because there were no Superbirds after 70 Road Runners yes but no Superbirds.

dudes on crack. its an F body road runner

Not even that...it is an Aspen / Volare tarted up with the name "road Runner" to flog more units.. it is like the mustang 2s being called mustangs...

i dont usually like F-bodies but that one dont look half bad .....that roadrunner bird on the side is actually pretty cool

the C-body rallys look good it too

that sure dont look like a "new motor " to me

A Super Coupe.

images

I could tell from the thread title I wasn't gonna like this, LOL

i dont usually like F-bodies but that one dont look half bad .....that roadrunner bird on the side is actually pretty cool

I'm with you, Rani. I like the late 70's flashy attempts at making a "supercar". If the government hands you lemons, try to make lemon aid. I'd buy a clean late 70's Roadrunner in a second.

That car is a beat down turd.
"New engine"? yeah... When the CAR was new it had a new engine. The flaky paint, dirt and grease debunk any chance of the engine being new.
The LACK of a listed price is a mistake too. TOO many idiots are doing this nowadays. Stop it.

That car is a beat down turd.
"New engine"? yeah... When the CAR was new it had a new engine. The flaky paint, dirt and grease debunk any chance of the engine being new.
The LACK of a listed price is a mistake too. TOO many idiots are doing this nowadays. Stop it.

They cant stop it...they've been idiots for too long to go back now!!!

R.I.P, Mr. The King!!
Lmao!

Anyone ever think that maybe it IS a "Superbird"? I've seen many dealerships throw their own titles and gimmicks onto cars to get them to sell back in the day. People have called BS on it until the person displays an ad from the specific dealership.

Maybe some dealership sold it off as a "Road Runner Superbird".

Yup. They had a Superbird package with the F body. Just like everything of the era, it was a stripe and decor type package. Make fun of it all yall want. I'm proud of them. They WERE MoPars. A 78 TRUCK was the fastest production vehicle in the country and it was a MoPar. The 360 WAS an option for the F body. I love the Super Coupe from that era. They looked great, IMO. One of the best looking cars from that time. I'll tell you something else. Those cars might be something to invest in now. They are gaining in value everyday. The Aspen R/T, Volare Road Runner, Petty Kit Car, Super Coupes......all of those were RARE. Their value will only go up.

I will say I have looked my eyeballs out and cannot find a reference to a Volare based Superbird.....but I SWEAR I think I remember a decal/stripe package on those cars back then. Maybe it was just the Road Runner package. At any rate, they will be collector cars.

Yup. They had a Superbird package with the F body. Just like everything of the era, it was a stripe and decor type package. Make fun of it all yall want. I'm proud of them. They WERE MoPars. A 78 TRUCK was the fastest production vehicle in the country and it was a MoPar. The 360 WAS an option for the F body. I love the Super Coupe from that era. They looked great, IMO. One of the best looking cars from that time. I'll tell you something else. Those cars might be something to invest in now. They are gaining in value everyday. The Aspen R/T, Volare Road Runner, Petty Kit Car, Super Coupes......all of those were RARE. Their value will only go up.

I will say I have looked my eyeballs out and cannot find a reference to a Volare based Superbird.....but I SWEAR I think I remember a decal/stripe package on those cars back then. Maybe it was just the Road Runner package. At any rate, they will be collector cars.

Any more info on that 78 truck? I'm curious, was it a Lil Red Express?

I think that "Superbird" is pretty cool. I've never seen a road runner with that paint scheme. It looks original but I guess you never know. Those Volare/Aspen RT's look pretty cool in a very white trash kind of way. I'd love to have one but I'd have to smog it out here and that's a no go :wack:

Yup. You guessed it. Actually it was the Dodge Adventurer. But the Lil Red was an Adventurer with more glitz and glamour.

when you guys find a picture of a factory 77 Road Runner Superbird, i would like to see it. in all my years in playing with F bodies , i have never seen one in any factory promo's , literature or brochures , let alone in person. i have had a few of these cars. until then , they don't exist lol. nowhere on the car in the original post does it say superbird

Attachments

• 76rt.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 307
  • 77lo.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 769
  • 77-Plymouth-1.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 1,033
  • 77rr.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 715
  • 77rt.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 522
  • 77sc.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 430
I wanna see it too. I am almost 100% certain that I've seen one before. I guess with all the stripe packages back then, I could be mistaken.

That last Super Coupe is DA SHEEOT! Damn that thing looks good.

-
Back