8 1/4 to 8 3/4 swap

-

dazedduster

Reaction score
I got a 8 3/4 out of a 72 duster with a /6 and a 904
i want to put it in my 73 duster w/ 727 and a 8 1/4
will the driveline still work and where can i get the after market
axles to go to the big bolt pattern.

The drive shaft will more then likely need to be cut down a bit (measure to be sure, every car is a little different). Everything else should bolt up. You can get axles from Mancini, Randy's ring and pinion, Strange, or Moser.

My only question is what motor is your car running that you want to install an 8.75 rear end? 8.25 axles can take some good power, unless you are going to be doing a lot of track time.

If the driveshaft in the 72 was good, it should be the correct length in the 73. You might have to swap the front slip yoke, I'm not sure.

don

its going to get a 383 and as much track time as i can, i got tired of helping friends build there cars and watch them race

dusterdon said:
If the driveshaft in the 72 was good, it should be the correct length in the 73. You might have to swap the front slip yoke, I'm not sure.

don

I believe that a 727 tranny is quite a bit longer than the 904, if that's so then the drive shaft will need to be cut plus the 727 uses a larger slip yoke so that will need to be swapped to.

dazedduster said:
its going to get a 383 and as much track time as i can, i got tired of helping friends build there cars and watch them race

I can see where that would require a 8.75:)

-
Back