-
Status
Not open for further replies.

middleagecrisis

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
1975 8.25" rear end out my '75 Plymouth Duster, 2.94 gears, non-sure-grip, BBP, good brakes (minus e-brake hardware), worked great with no issues. I just upgraded to an 8.750" and this is taking up space. Includes U-bolts, shock plates and new Year-One flexible brake hose. Prefer to sell locally, however, If someone wants to do UShip (or some other method) and do the homework to have it shipped, I'll put it on a pallet and strap it down. However, I'm not interested in figuring out shipping methods or costs to your door. I'm located in Seguin, TX 78155. $275

Rearend.jpg

Don't need the whole thing but I would take the carrier and the ring and pinion.
Not likely I know but throwing it out there just in case.

1975 8.25" rear end out my '75 Plymouth Duster, 2.94 gears, non-sure-grip, BBP, good brakes (minus e-brake hardware), worked great with no issues. I just upgraded to an 8.750" and this is taking up space. Includes U-bolts, shock plates and new Year-One flexible brake hose. Prefer to sell locally, however, If someone wants to do UShip (or some other method) and do the homework to have it shipped, I'll put it on a pallet and strap it down. However, I'm not interested in figuring out shipping methods or costs to your door. I'm located in Seguin, TX 78155. $275

View attachment 1716285067
I sent you a pm . I live in Austin. I’ll come get it today.

View attachment 1716285067
I’ll buy the whole thing. Pm sent

I agree! It's not like you wouldn't have paid for it and picked it up in Oct. You got the shitty end of the stick on this deal. :mob:
I had this rearend for sale for ~1 month and nobody wanted it. Now two people want it at the same time, one right away and another a month from now. Really, what am I supposed to do???? I've heard from multiple people that they wanted this rearend (advertised on different sites) and they didn't even show up. If Roy doesn't show up, as we agreed, SomeRandomDude will be next in line.

I GAVE one away last spring. What a mess that was. People wanting me to hold it or ship it. First one on the scene gets it.

If a deposit had been made, that’s a different story.

I GAVE one away last spring. What a mess that was. People wanting me to hold it or ship it. First one on the scene gets it.

If a deposit had been made, that’s a different story.
"I'm actually going to be down there in mid-October and could bring it back with me. Would you mind grabbing measurements from drum to drum and perch to perch?"

The above question from SomeRandomDude is asking for measurements. For the record, no offer was made to pay in advance (IF the measurements would fit his application) and hold until mid-October. I really like this group of folks on this site and I don't like somebody implying that I screwed another member over.

I had this rearend for sale for ~1 month and nobody wanted it. Now two people want it at the same time, one right away and another a month from now. Really, what am I supposed to do???? I've heard from multiple people that they wanted this rearend (advertised on different sites) and they didn't even show up. If Roy doesn't show up, as we agreed, SomeRandomDude will be next in line.

Yeah I was fully expecting to pay for it now and pick it up while in town next month. Just kind of annoyed at the other guy who can plainly see I'm going to buy the thing then tries to jump in and buy it out from under me.

To be fair, @SomeRandomDude inquired 28 minutes before Roy did. He should have been communicated with and given the first shot since he asked 28 minutes prior to Roy. This isn't a side of the road flea market. If you get a poor reputation here as either a seller or buyer, it will stick with you forever. I'm going to go up and delete my reply and you can delete the replies to that.

Yeah I'm not trying to start drama with people here either. I'm a new member so maybe I just don't know how sales normally run here but it seemed clear to me that I wanted this rear end and that Roy was 2nd in line in showing interest. Yes - he did offer $ first so going forward I guess I need to clarify that I'll pay for something when offering to pick it up. I understand if you'd rather get the cash sooner and may have assumed that I wouldn't be paying until pickup - which again I should have clarified that I'd have happily paid ahead of time - but it also seems right that you'd reach our for clarification yourself before skipping down to #2 in line. I do a lot of buying and selling on different online groups and this all seems pretty straightforward do me - but it is what it is. I'm in the same boat as JDMopar - feel free to delete this whole thread if you'd like and I'll be continuing the hunt for a different 8.25 and writing off this transaction as a learning experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back