8 3/4 early A body brake hose

-

66dartgt

Reaction score
Passing on a tip -

I just finished screwing around with the install of an 8 3/4 into a 66 dart. The axle I installed was originally from a '70 or '71 dart. I figured the brake hose would be the same as the original application using the 7 1/4 axle.

Guess again...I found the oe hose was just a little too tight in fitting up to the bracket on the body. I junked the 7 1/4 so i didnt have a measurement to work from. I know it relaxes when on the ground, but it really bugged me. :scratch:

Did some research and came up with the following - I ended up using a brake hose from a 1970 1/2 ton A 100 van. The hose is 1.5 inches longer than the oe 66 dart hose and uses the same fittings. I havent gotten it on the ground yet but I strongly suspect it will be fine. Thought this might be helpful to the folks here.

I should have the car with wheels on it tomorrow, and will give an update at that time should anyone be interested.

Thanks for the info. When I put the 8-3/4 in my 66 I bought a line for a 68 dart I think and it was correct even with the SS springs added ride height.

Update - After getting it on the ground - The hose length is perfect, at least in my application. Hope this saves somebody else some head scratching !

-
Back