8 3/4 rear end

-

grassy

Reaction score
Late last year we rebuilt our 8 3/4 (just the axle bearings..they looked great but since this car is for my kids, I am extra careful) . I am also having a transmission kit and a 2nd to 3rd kit as well installed (cannot find the tools for this job anywhere) we decided to have the 8 3/4 looked over as well. We wanted to know if we did everything right.

If $s allow us, we will be doing the 360 install this summer

Well I got lied to...this will be #3 lie..apparently, this axle was run hard and put away wet..but geez, you don't uses a 2.32 rear end for racing.

Apparently, I need a new piece..I will know late today or tomorrow what the cost is.

This may be a project ender for us.

Does anyone in the Maritimes know were there is a 8 3/4 rear end is for a good price..doesn't need to be a sure grip..

BTW, found out that my 727 was submerged...thank goodness that my trans man could remove the rust and fix all inside..

Just looked in the mirror to see if there as an 8 ball painted on the back of my head. ..not sure what to trust now...

Cheers
Ian.

PS - when I find out all, I will post again..

Did someone in the maritimes list a rear end ? ...I know a guy in Bible hill but there is also some one around here that is very expensive..and I am not talking about the guy in Barrington (he is in it for profit) . Anyone out there with one in the garage.

Jack,

I was supposed to hear from hi yesterday. I am in meetings all day so if he doesn't call,I will drive out. I wish I had written the parts down..I was just upset.

I will post tomorrow at the latest.

BTW, I have pm'ed ya.

ian

Ian.

Update: I require a new nest. The pinion is scored pretty badly. My trans guy has not been able to find one out there new so he is going to use of his own that he removed when he upgraded to a sure grip. He just has to find it :) Haven't rec'ed the cost but I know it will be reasonable.

I have only been to his shoppe twice but the receptionist called me by name when I walked in..

I am very pleased.
Ian.

...........4 a non sure grip 3.23 or lower # u should not have 2 spend over $100.00.....more like $50.00........kim.............

Kim,

I paid 60 for a great set..no shipping....so it is pr for the course.

ian.

-
Back