8.75 poor man's locker-

-

junkyardhero

Reaction score
they go by many names, but i've always heard them referred to as blocker lockers.

4ZigexPl.jpg

got this in a parts deal yearssss ago, was thinking about snapping it into a car for street use. what say ye, the esteemed gallery?

I say put skinny tires on the rear and do it!
well... it's a 65 dart so i doubt i'm gettin' some honkin' meats back there anyway. but with 3.91 and a 4spd it should have plenty to make the smoke show happen.

i was more concerned about driveability/use/street manners...

well... it's a 65 dart so i doubt i'm gettin' some honkin' meats back there anyway. but with 3.91 and a 4spd it should have plenty to make the smoke show happen.

That's why I say skinny tires. You can handle the locker by letting the tires slip. Ya street. You sporting 13s?

255/60 no problem, all in the backspacing!

As for the ****-blocker locker, run it and run it hard!

IMG_5856.jpeg

I've never seen one of those.
How does it work?
I'm guessing the axles are splined into it?
If so, boy, they can't be hanging on by much.....

I drove a spool once with 295 Coopers. From one weekend to the next, that cured me. Tight circles seemed like each tire was trying to rip itself apart from the inside.
I might still have that spool!, likely with 4.88s on it.

With a stick you want the tires to slip not the clutch. Skinny tire

I've never seen one of those.
How does it work?
I'm guessing the axles are splined into it?
If so, boy, they can't be hanging on by much.....
it's a piece of box tube, the axles engage the spider gears just like normal.

oh, and to note, there are witness marks on it of the axles coming in contact with it. not major mark up, but you can mos def make out the round shadow of an axle.

For street use? Nah.

Anytime you’re not going PERFECTLY straight you have to be spinning a tire.

Have people done it? Absolutely. Is it a reasonable thing to do? Not really.

If you’re worried about street manners, it’s not going to have any. That’s full on drive it like you stole it, smoking the tires just to turn kind of deal.

I don't see how that will give you anything but an open differential. All the internal gears still engage and work. Help me out here. It puts no preload on anything. There are no clutches to engage, no cones to lock up. I could understand better if it locked the axles together, but it does not. How does it work?

took my lunch box locker out because it's just too dangerous on city streets. best decision I ever made. locked and wet streets bring a second pair of underwear.

I don't see how that will give you anything but an open differential. All the internal gears still engage and work. Help me out here. It puts no preload on anything. There are no clutches to engage, no cones to lock up. I could understand better if it locked the axles together, but it does not. How does it work?
Looks like somebody forgot to weld it in. Otherwise it's doing zilch

i'll call up my santeria priestess and have her come over and explain to me how it works.

shop needs a limpa after the last job anyway. stupid ford.

they go by many names, but i've always heard them referred to as blocker lockers.

4ZigexPl.jpg

got this in a parts deal yearssss ago, was thinking about snapping it into a car for street use. what say ye, the esteemed gallery?
That’s just a factory open diff made from 57-64/65. Nothing special. Install 2 axles and check it out. Kim

-
Back