8.75 questions

-

m99roadster

Reaction score
I would like to change out my 7.25 rear end for an 8.75. Will an 8.75 out of a 68 Barracuda fit directly in? Also I've been told that a 489 casing is the best to get, what's the difference between all the casings? We're the 68 A bodies SBP or BBP? What do you think an 8.75 is worth, it hasn't been used in over 10 years?

Well the 8 3/4 will fit right in, but the u joint can be bigger and the driveshaft will need to be cut down not sure the amount it needs, u can find that out it's been a long time, I just had a driveshaft done and it was like 100.00 with two new u jiont as well here in Houston Tx and if you need some one to do it let me know, if you live in the Houston area I can give u a number of the place so I hope this helps.I just remember that the u bolts and the plate that they go to has to be used they are bigger, if u need more info let me know.

742 case is strongest, 741 weakest. 489 fine for street and under 500 H.P.See my post in other FABO posts.Same width, but small bolt pattern.Just get a duster, dart,demon, valiant drive shaft from one with a 8 3/4, it will fit right in.Ujoint may be larger or smaller, but you can get a big to little adapter ujoint at Napa (called conversion ujoint)just change to after market axels for large bolt pattern, cheap on Ebay.
See may 8 3/4 forsale here at FABO.$1200.00+shipping.

-
Back