-

bigals71dart

Reaction score
ok rodders i have a 8.75 with small bolt pattern and need big somebody told me i can just drill new holes and put threaded studs in is this cool thanks alan

If you go with thread in studs you should be ok. If you go with push in studs it dosn't leave much material to the edge of the axle flange. I used threaded studs behind my old 383 scamp and had no probelms.
You could also check for Yukon axles, they aren't priced to bad, but then you need new drums.

Mine are drilled with screw in studs also. No problem. The only thing is you have to precisely drill the holes which can't be done accurately with just a hand drill. If your really really good with a drill press you can probably do them but I mean you have to be really good. Best bet is to send them to Moser and have them re-drilled.

I'll second the recomendation on Moser,they made my custom axles for me with both the small and big bolt pattern,i'm still running smallbolt but incase i ever change over i'm all set,they work is top notch...

I had a local place do mine. I also had them leave the small pattern in the axle. I'm sure any drive line place can do the work. But like the guys said above, Moser probably does this lots and is good at it.

-
Back