833 od?

-

JGC403

Reaction score
I want to put a 833OD behind a mild built 440 for my Ram. I was reading in another thread that with a BB bell housing machined out to fit the OD bearing retainer, that you might have to experiment with different shift forks. People that have done this swap what shift fork did you use?

I have a non overdrive 833. Is it possible to take the guts out of the OD trans and put it in the non-OD case and not have to get any machine work done?

You might try contacting Brewer's Performance. They have all kinda manual shift knowledge and parts. If anybody knows what it takes, it will be them.

What bellhousing are you using , truck or car ? There wasn't a BB truck bell that is stock for the 833 trans .

What bellhousing are you using , truck or car ? There wasn't a BB truck bell that is stock for the 833 trans .

None of the 2wd trucks that had BB were 833?

I don't have a bell housing yet so I am open for suggestions. What is the difference between the truck and car bell housings?

Depends on what size and year truck you're talking about. Some trucks had a mafungo huge *** bellhousing with the clutch fork on the passenger side actuated by a hydraulic slave cylinder. Hermorphaditest thing you ever saw. I have one for an early Hemi......and get this...........it HAS the 5.125" diameter center hole AND the correct bolt patterns for BOTH a 3 and 4 speed. Talk about hermorphadite. Not to mention it's about 125 pound hunk of cast iron. I am gonna use it in my rat rod. I am not sure a truck housing of the conventional style will fit in an A body. They are not small. Again, Brewers has your answer.

Depends on what size and year truck you're talking about. Some trucks had a mafungo huge *** bellhousing with the clutch fork on the passenger side actuated by a hydraulic slave cylinder. Hermorphaditest thing you ever saw. I have one for an early Hemi......and get this...........it HAS the 5.125" diameter center hole AND the correct bolt patterns for BOTH a 3 and 4 speed. Talk about hermorphadite. Not to mention it's about 125 pound hunk of cast iron. I am gonna use it in my rat rod. I am not sure a truck housing of the conventional style will fit in an A body. They are not small. Again, Brewers has your answer.

I want to put it in my 85 Ram. I was going to go to the junkyard and look for any trucks from 1975-87. Yea I want to send them an email and see if they can help me.

I see.....I thought we were talkin about the bellhousin goin in an A body........bein as how this IS the A body site. lol

I want to put it in my 85 Ram. I was going to go to the junkyard and look for any trucks from 1975-87. Yea I want to send them an email and see if they can help me.

1978 I am pretty sure was the last year for the big block

Don't ruin the big block bell by opening it up. Have the bearing retainer on the OD turned down to fit the bell. That's what I did for my coupe.

I have a small block bell for a truck but it won't bolt to the 833 OD trans, pattern is different

-
Back