8hp shifter question

-

MOPARCODY

Reaction score
im still tossing around the idea of a hemi swap. either a later 5.7 or 6.4 with the 8 speed. my question is: is there an after market shifter for it so i dont have to use a charger or challenger style shifter?

Once again google is your friend, look it up if you want a correct answer

im still tossing around the idea of a hemi swap. either a later 5.7 or 6.4 with the 8 speed. my question is: is there an after market shifter for it so i dont have to use a charger or challenger style shifter?
It's a 100% electronic shifter paired to the 8hp transmissions. Your options are going to be a factory shifter. Be it the turn dial, or the car shifter.

I ran 7 usable gears for a couple of summers in a manual-trans streeter. It was kindof a dumb idea with a speed limit of 65 mph. Even in the eighth mile going 93, I only used 3 or 4 of them . Couldn't use double-over until smoking down the hiway.
Gave it up and switched to 5-gear and am much happier. 65=2240rpm seems about right; and 3000=86mph.
Jus saying.

Check out a company called Sound German Engineering. They make all kinds of parts etc for the nag1 HP08 etc

This guy used the sound German HP 8 speed shifter in his hemi shaped Dakota.

-
Back