904 auto to 4 speed conversion ??

-

johnmucci

moparmucci
Reaction score
my 66 dart w/ a 360/425hp magnum engine now has a 904 auto tranny. I am wondering what the cost would be to convert to a 4 speed manual tranny?...
what parts would be needed etc? car also has tti headers.. not a mechanic, so can anyone give me ballpark figures on parts and labor cost?? the 904 needs rebuilt and thats around $1000... so I was considering converting to 4 speed.. Opinions? Suggestions? thanks

You are aware that there is a conversation thread going on right now that documents the cost of a 4 speed swap

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=216722 The search function is a hell of a tool.

Hopefully you can find someone who won't butt poke ya. $3000? You can find a rebuilt a904 for around $700 all day long, look around.

The term "mechanic" should even be used in the context of these cars, it's more "lover" and "doer of what needs done".

How come you have a old car, but won't work on it? These cars can be demanding beasts. It cost money to have other people do quality work for you. Just how it is.

Either that or quit being shy, pull up your boot straps, pump up your testosterone, and put a foot in it's ***, manly style.

You are aware that there is a conversation thread going on right now that documents the cost of a 4 speed swap

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=216722 The search function is a hell of a tool.

Hopefully you can find someone who won't butt poke ya. $3000? You can find a rebuilt a904 for around $700 all day long, look around.

The term "mechanic" should even be used in the context of these cars, it's more "lover" and "doer of what needs done".

How come you have a old car, but won't work on it? These cars can be demanding beasts. It cost money to have other people do quality work for you. Just how it is.

Either that or quit being shy, pull up your boot straps, pump up your testosterone, and put a foot in it's ***, manly style.

PoisonDart....Thanks for the link...that being said I have to address the rest of your opinions/questions.
1. If I had knowledge of the "thread" I would not have posted the question.
2. I was simply stating that I am no longer a mechanic" I didn't realize that should not be used? Where did that rule come from??
3. I own my "Classic" car because I like it.
4. I don't work on cars anymore because I have health problems that won't allow it.
5. I also don't have the tools and facilities to do the work.
6. If I want to spend MY MONEY that's MY Business.
7. I'm not shy, I don't own boots, my testosterone is just fine
8. Maybe I should put my foot in your ***, "manly style" for your remarks.
Sorry but I found your comments rude and crude. I asked a simple question and don't need to be "interrogated" from you or anyone else...Have a great day!

:D Sorry to hear of your health, and getting short with you. Thanks for letting us know the situation. Through all of your threads you've never mentioned any of this, leading all to think your capable, but not willing to do the work. Nothing added to do with your health or welfare, leading people on to give answers that have a DIY approach that you can't do, not won't do, wasting both yours and others time. If you would have stated these facts, you would be better served. At least you know the options now:

You pay your money, you take your chances. No hard feelings.

-
Back