-
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseyFJ

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking to buy a converter for a 904 trans.

Around 4800 stall.

Preferably ATI, but will look at anything.

Going behind a stock eliminator 273.

Thank you,

If you are going to run in "stock eliminator" you are much better off getting a new converter built for your combo.
That said, what style converter are you looking for? Small crank pilot or large, small spline or large?

Charlie,

Agreed. It currently has a real old turbo action converter in there which I think might be going away. So really looking to just try something, but may end up going new.

Was not aware of different splines for a 904 or pilot, so good questions.

Charlie,

Agreed. It currently has a real old turbo action converter in there which I think might be going away. So really looking to just try something, but may end up going new.

Was not aware of different splines for a 904 or pilot, so good questions.
The pilot and splines, depend on the year of the engine/crank, and the year of the 904. I have several different converters for the 904.
small pilot small spline
small pilot big spline
big pilot big spline
The reason I say to contact a mfg is stock is "super competitive" and the weight of the car, rear ratio, 1st gear ratio, engine torque can all make a huge difference in the converter. I have a couple of different engines, and everything else being the same except the engine, the converter has a 800 rpm difference in stall speed.
Better stop this now. the mods don't like this stuff in a for sale or wanted post. If you need contact me in a convo.

One option may be to take your current converter and have it rebuilt by a reputable shop for your specific needs. This assumes the converter you have is the right starting point.

You will need more than 4800 stall, in my 273 stocker i was less than 5000, and it was not good, i wanted 6000, but they told me if would not be efficient at that stall, i am around 5500 now, works good. Dynamic did mine.

You will need more than 4800 stall, in my 273 stocker i was less than 5000, and it was not good, i wanted 6000, but they told me if would not be efficient at that stall, i am around 5500 now, works good. Dynamic did mine.
What's your redline?

I have a 4800 stall in there now. I was thinking about more though.

Im going to have one built. Thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back