9379s thermoquad

-

texas360

Reaction score
I have a 9379s thermoquad looks to be from an early to mid 80's 360. 625 cfm. Is it worth rebuilding or is It just junk nostalgia?
20210116_070745.jpg

it's got an idle speed screw, so it's not a Lean-burn carb.
Hard to tell from just one pic, but what I can see looks ok, good enough to rebuild. do not soak in harsh carb cleaners. The bowl should only be cleaned with solvent, "softened" with some ATF.

it's got an idle speed screw, so it's not a Lean-burn carb.
Hard to tell from just one pic, but what I can see looks ok, good enough to rebuild. do not soak in harsh carb cleaners. The bowl should only be cleaned with solvent, "softened" with some ATF.
Could you advise the recipe of solvent to atf? I assume that you mean varsol?

I've never heard of varsol. If you use carb cleaner where you soak it in it, if left in too long it can remove the Teflon paint coating on the throttle shaft(s), and remove the gold iridited cad plating on linkage etc.
I just add like a pint or two to a gallon or two of fresh solvent so it doesn't permanently 'dry out' the bakelite bowl, and tear up the skin on your hands, too.

I've never heard of varsol. If you use carb cleaner where you soak it in it, if left in too long it can remove the Teflon paint coating on the throttle shaft(s), and remove the gold iridited cad plating on linkage etc.
I just add like a pint or two to a gallon or two of fresh solvent so it doesn't permanently 'dry out' the bakelite bowl, and tear up the skin on your hands, too.
Sorry, Varsol is a brand name for paint thinner. (not lacquer thinner).

Varsol, along with kerosene was sold at gas stations years ago, we used them like a cleaning solvent back then. I don't think Varsol was used as a paint thinner though.

here is another pic of the thermoquad.. best place to get a kit and is there any un needed parts that can be removed..
carb.jpg

Carter Thermoquad Carburetor Kit - K4344 $39.95 Mike's Carburetor Parts

the dashpot on the Rt side can go. the solenoid vent on the back: you can leave off the rubber valve on the end of the arm, and clip the wire, or better yet make a metal plate to block off the mounting surface.

-
Back