A body dash reverse light indicator layout

-

Surprise67GT

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Wasn't really sure where to post this so here we go. I am looking for the factory layout and whole dimensions for the reverse light indicator in the dash of an a body dart. What a 68 Dart four-speed have the reverse indicator in the dash?

Never seen a reverse light indicator on any of them.
It would be easy to do though.

Learn something new every day. :D

reverse indicator.jpg

yep... got one on the shelf and one in the dash of the 69 340 4sp Swinger I just picked up ..

I installed one in my demon, its kind of funny though, it isnt hard to tell if the tranny is in reverse or not just by the position of the shifter

I installed one in my 67 cuda dash. Its got a hurst instead of the crappy inland shifter, so i added it during the dash resto. I figured i might as well drill it before i sand and repaint the dash. I found these indicator lights in slightly different locations in different pix of different cars, so i put mine dead center between the ignition switch and ashtray cutout.

Heres layout pix before i repainted the dash.

20150628_211118.jpg

20150628_210954.jpg

I installed one in my demon, its kind of funny though, it isnt hard to tell if the tranny is in reverse or not just by the position of the shifter

Right? :D
The only way I would care to have one is if it was wired so that it didn't light if the rear lights had a fault and were not working for some reason.

I have a factory reverse light in my '72 demon. Would like to have seen it mounted a little higher so that it would be angled more to the line of sight.
Yote

-
Back