-
Status
Not open for further replies.

scamp 408

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
With these brackets you will be able to move your leaf springs in 3/4in inboard.
The rear shackles are the mopar offset ones and the frt hangers are copies of the mopar ones .Also when getting these made I had the guy make them longer to move the rear back 1in. By moving the rear back 1in you will have more room in frt where its tight like on darts and scamps. I had these on my scamp and never had problems I just did a mini tub and dont need.
$160.00+shipping from 07731

Attachments

• rear relocate 012.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 403
  • rear relocate 014.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 409
Scamp408-- Do you have to make a hole in the frame for the nut???

Scamp408-- Do you have to make a hole in the frame for the nut???

I have this same kit. Yes you do have to make a hole in the frame for the nut. With this kit in my 71 Duster I was able to use a 305 50 15 rear tire without mini-tubbing or any rubbing.

Kinda like the RMs relocation kit? It has 4 holes so you can pick where the heck you want to put your diff.

Do you have to lenghten out the drive shaft?

these are on my duster didnt make a hole in the frame
but i did heat it up and dented it in no hole cant even tell

Do you have to re drill the spring perches for the offset ?
I'm interested. I do wish they had the 3/8 threaded studs swedged or welded in.

You have to drill a hole in the frame because the bracket rest right against it. You also have to move the spring perch in 3/4in on axle. I didnt have to lengthen the driveshaft but you would have to ck yours and you could poss come up to short.This is like an exact copy of the mopar deal but there was no room to drill a diff hole so I had the frt ones made. With this kit I was able to fit a 275 60 15 MT with room in frt for a taller tire.MoparMuscle did a tech article on this kit a couple of years ago. 1st pic is my hangar 2nd is mine vs mopar one

Attachments

• rear relocation 001.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 314
  • rear relocation 005.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 313
Do you have to re drill the spring perches for the offset ?
I'm interested. I do wish they had the 3/8 threaded studs swedged or welded in.

Are you talking about the holes in the body?
I can weld in some studs or bolts for ya but I left it like this on case you need a new bolt. Never had a problem tightening or loosening .

Are you talking about the holes in the body?
I can weld in some studs or bolts for ya but I left it like this on case you need a new bolt. Never had a problem tightening or loosening .
I think some one answered part of my question... cut the spring perches off the rear and weld at 3/4 inch inward.
The originals had 4 studs. Getting an end wrench in above the spring eye wasn't required. Maybe the eyes center moved rearward provides a little more wiggle room.
I need the 1 inch rearward axle position now. I may need the 3/4 offset later on. I know I'll never need more backspace at the rear than I can run on the front.
That leads to another question.... How much backspace can fit on the front ?

"Hungy? Need a job? Eat your import!"

:) Don't think my Dodge RAM 1500 would taste very good..but my Subaru was built in Illinois by really nice Americans....actually this is our second one from that plant...the first one we traded in at 375 K Kms (225 Miles) got 3K dollars for it..we were very impressed with the quality out of that plant, our new 05 has 144K miles and still going strong...and these are my wife's miles..

I haven't checked lately but I know the Ram is not the only MOPAR that is built in Mexico..

The biggest mistake was when the Big 3 asked the to come over here and compete on our soil..

Cheers
Grassy

I think some one answered part of my question... cut the spring perches off the rear and weld at 3/4 inch inward.
The originals had 4 studs. Getting an end wrench in above the spring eye wasn't required. Maybe the eyes center moved rearward provides a little more wiggle room.
I need the 1 inch rearward axle position now. I may need the 3/4 offset later on. I know I'll never need more backspace at the rear than I can run on the front.
That leads to another question.... How much backspace can fit on the front ?

Which front

Oh I dont know
anything else or more pics just let me know. Looks at my profile pics the scamp has the set up on it with 275 60 15 and has almost 2in in frt of the rear tire.

You said you have 275 60 15 fit in the rear. Your scamp looks great. I want to run that size tire in my valiant.
Can I ask you what size was the wheel as well as the backspacing. thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back