A body Small block shorty headers

-

joes68340s

Reaction score
Has anyone found or run a good shorty header in there small block A body. looking for something that fits good and has good perforemance. Need ground clearance for Autocross. I am looking for an alternative to early 340 manifolds.

I a looking for the same thing. Summit has a few. Has anyone tried the FlowTech headers. I have power steering so I need something that will work with that.

OldVart said:
Have a look at this thread guys. I don't think anyone has actually managed to run a set in an A Body yet...

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=5634

I was looking all around for these too. Posted question on AllPar a while ago. Long and short (no punn there ;o) ... ahem, anyway - no go on these unless you want to do some fab work ... least that's the skinny I got.

~Bill

DJVCUDA said:
spitfires would work better..

From everything I've heard, it's next to impossible to actually get a set of these.

I've read that it's almost impossible to get tham from Harold, the original fabricator, but I believe Layson's sells them now under another name. There was a thread on here about them a few months ago, so maybe do a search.

he found a set, new, at e-town for sale for 90 bux... cant beat it... there out there...

DJVCUDA said:
he found a set, new, at e-town for sale for 90 bux... cant beat it... there out there...

Ah, I see. Okay thanks, but to tell you the truth, never having seen any up close I do not think I'd be able to recognise them. And if I were in need of getting something on the car in a timely fashion, waiting for a used pair to come up is probably not going to work for many of us.

-
Back