A Body Stainless Smallblock Headers

-

Blucuda413

Reaction score
I've noticed on ebay stainless headers for smallblock engines at very impressive prices. What's the real story, I've read the remarks but was wondering what the real experience has been. Anyone who has used them please provide your assessment of the product.

Keep us posted on how it works out if you do buy them. I have manifolds because I don't like the headaches of installing . Plus I have power steering . Plus I'm on a limited budget.

i bought a set for my valiant as they were cheaper than unpainted mild steel ones from summit. i'll let you know how they fit when i get to that point. they can't be any worse than any of the other headers out there, i've read some folks have to ding some tubes on pretty much all of the budget ones and some get away without. at least if i ding these they won't go rusty there.
neil.

So we're supposed to give an opinion on something and you don't even supply a link or a picture?

I did. How do we know those are what he's talkin about?
We don't. just guessing!

crystal ball.jpg

Yes they are worse , they fit exactly how you would expect chinese headers to fit or I should say don´t fit ..... good luck.

i had a cheap set of stainless headers from china , they rusted through in 5 years . they are cheap for a reason

I've bought stainless steel ebay headers for several of my cars. I've put them on a 94 BMW 325i, 1997 BMW M3, 1973 big block Camaro, 1986 Camaro and a 1994 Ram 1500. They all fit great. The flanges are super thick so they don't have warpage issues. The gaskets that come with them are absolute garbage.

They need to be cleaned and degreased after installing them or every fingerprint will make a dark spot on them. They turn a pretty gold/blue color after heat cycling. But they all eventually turn a dull dark grey after several years unless you keep them polished.

I've been eyeing a set for my 1998 Viper for about a year. My dart keeps taking all my funds! I bought some ceramic coated dougs for my small block Dart. I had to ding them up pretty badly to make them fit. And of course, they rusted where I had to dent them.

-
Back