A/C vs. non-A/C Dash Frame

-

DartGTDan

'71 Dart GT Fan
Reaction score
Is the ('70 Duster) dash frame different between A/C and non-A/C cars? I'm inclined to think they are the same. With that being said, I would also assume that the HVAC controls (A/C vs. non-A/C) would also fit into the same size opening. So, if my assumptions are correct, I should be able to take a dash frame from a non-A/C car and install it in an A/C car. Can anyone confirm?
The attached photo is a '70 Duster non-A/C dash frame that will (eventually) replace my A/C equipped '71 Dart GT dash frame. I need to know if the A/C equipped Dart GT's HVAC controls will fit into the '70 Duster non-A/C dash frame.
Also, if someone could give me a measurement of the space available between the HVAC controls and the instrument panel bezel. I plan on relocating my "LIGHTS" switch between those 2 items, and my "WIPERS" sitch will be mounted directly below it between the radio and the instrument panel bezel.
Input welcomed!!!

Dash Questions.jpg

non rallye are the same for a/c and non. Rallye dashes are the same but rallye panels are different.

I'm not aware of any difference in the dash frame. The controls are a different matter. The A/C controls work a vacuum manifold the controls the various doors in the A/C unit. The non-A/C controls work cables to control the doors. I think the face plate for the controls themselves is the same size. FYI 72 & earlier used pushbuttons on the A/C controls, later models use sliding levers.

Can someone give me some rough dimensions? Looking at the attached photo, please let me know the distance of the yellow line (HVAC controls to Cluster Bezel edge) and the pink line (Radio (knobs centerline) to Cluster Bezel edge).
Thanks,

Dan

Duster Dash-3(X2).jpg

-
Back