A little about my upcoming Youtube channel

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
Things are coming together, and almost ready to start adding content as I got my audio/video equipment together now.
Audio should be good and clear with no changes in volume from being at different distances from the camera.
We tested it yesterday evening and it looks like it will work nicely.

Now here's where I think this will go at first.
I'll do an introduction video with how I plan on doing things for now, and then probably one on our own cars, first with walk arounds and a little more detail about them just for some practice on using the equipment and to show that we do actually have hands on experience with automotive related work.:D

We will have no music during the video's and that may change later, but I will not have background music that ends up coming even close to overwhelming the voice audio.
If anything it will be very light.

There will be no fake drama or screwing around trying to be funny, just to the point discussion of what we are doing in the video's.

Descriptions of parts or other related things being explained will be done in layman's terms so as to be understood by people just getting started in the hobby.
This may be boring to some, but I feel this is where most of the online stuff is currently lacking.

Currently we will not be going on expensive excursions, Junk Yard hunting or "Barn finding" as this is not the point of this channel.
In the beginning anyway, we will be doing light but in depth explanations of parts, functions of them and what makes them work the way they do and why.
We will also be kicking in some things only learned by experience, that one would probably never find in a book but make a job on a person's own vehicle easier and/or safer.

I don't have a big expensive shop or tons of expensive tools and most of what I do is done out of doors, so it should line up pretty well with most of the low budget beginner or mid level hobby type auto enthusiasts.

That's about it for now, and I am looking forward to getting started.
Thank you.

P.S. If you would like to follow the channel and don't know what the name is check out my avatar.

I used the hear better till the dog ate my hearing aid!!
Actually I have never had one, need one!!!
Keep us posted we have popcorn!

Things are coming together, and almost ready to start adding content as I got my audio/video equipment together now.
Audio should be good and clear with no changes in volume from being at different distances from the camera.
We tested it yesterday evening and it looks like it will work nicely.

Now here's where I think this will go at first.
I'll do an introduction video with how I plan on doing things for now, and then probably one on our own cars, first with walk arounds and a little more detail about them just for some practice on using the equipment and to show that we do actually have hands on experience with automotive related work.:D

We will have no music during the video's and that may change later, but I will not have background music that ends up coming even close to overwhelming the voice audio.
If anything it will be very light.

There will be no fake drama or screwing around trying to be funny, just to the point discussion of what we are doing in the video's.

Descriptions of parts or other related things being explained will be done in layman's terms so as to be understood by people just getting started in the hobby.
This may be boring to some, but I feel this is where most of the online stuff is currently lacking.

Currently we will not be going on expensive excursions, Junk Yard hunting or "Barn finding" as this is not the point of this channel.
In the beginning anyway, we will be doing light but in depth explanations of parts, functions of them and what makes them work the way they do and why.
We will also be kicking in some things only learned by experience, that one would probably never find in a book but make a job on a person's own vehicle easier and/or safer.

I don't have a big expensive shop or tons of expensive tools and most of what I do is done out of doors, so it should line up pretty well with most of the low budget beginner or mid level hobby type auto enthusiasts.

That's about it for now, and I am looking forward to getting started.
Thank you.

P.S. If you would like to follow the channel and don't know what the name is check out my avatar.
I just subscribed :) I didn't realize you already had a youtube channel with videos.

Looking Fwd to this !
If that is you as the avatar, combined with fresh content, you'll have Scotty Kilmer beat to hell ! LOL

Maybe there could be a sticky in the Mopar General Discussion for people to list that talk about Mopars on youtube channels :realcrazy: Just a suggestion...
toolmanmike

Make sure background music is not copywritten. That'll get you flagged EVERY TIME! Good luck, nothing I hate worse in youtube videos is low sound as our laptop speakers suck anyway.

here's a tip for you...watch your language
I don't care how knowledgeable a person is, if they have a potty mouth they sound like an idiot and I won't watch their videos

Please do NOT put "foreground" music of any kind into any video that has "cool engine sounds" or narration that someone actually wants to hear.

BEAST !
I'm curious, did you have to spend a small fortune to get all of your equipment?

Maybe you could do a short vid... an exclusive for the FABO brethren?

"First, eliminating a gang of batteries to save costs means range and power are compromised. What to do? Webb decided to turn the truck into a range-extended EV, or RXEV. To do this he moved the internal combustion Chevy V8 he was going to put into the truck onto the flatbed behind the cab. It turns a pair of generators that keep the batteries charged up. That’s one way to extend the range for your EV. "
:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

BEAST !
I'm curious, did you have to spend a small fortune to get all of your equipment?

Maybe you could do a short vid... an exclusive for the FABO brethren?

I have this small little shop I'm trying to get cleaned up and lit decently, so I can try and do some stuff out there at night.
The Wife goes to bed early and I don't, so it seemed like maybe that would be a good place for some of the video stuff.

Actually, what I needed for now was a decent lapel mic, and I got that pretty cheap.
It came with two mics and different adapter splitters in case I have a guest or other need to add audio of some sort.
And I have a Sony 1080HD video camera I was going to use, but my Iphone is sooo much simpler so I got a stand/suction base for it.
The Sony has a semi permanent fish eye lens built into it, and I don't like the fish eye effect, and to remove that it takes hours in the software for it.
Basically it's only upside is the ability to do 5+ hours of 1080P, and I won't be doing anything over about 20 minutes or so for awhile at least.
The videos won't be vertical with black on the side like some are now though.

I might do a quickie at some point before long just to see how it all goes.

Last edited:
South Main Auto Repair LLC

Everyone has their own opinions but for me this Channel suits me well. No crazy background noise, clean video, and an overall good job of video capture in general. How much is invested in what got SMA there I do not know but it's probably a top 5 channel for me.

Good luck with it..... I have been nudged recently to create a Channel for my line of work since we are a dying breed but I am sure you know it's alot of work to get the editing right....

JW

Good Luck,
It's always good to have a down to earth Mopar guy on YouTube. There's too many Chevy guys and not enough Mopar. Hope it works out well for you, there are a lot of people making serious money on YouTube. I for one will be watching and subscribed.

-
Back