A little about my upcoming Youtube channel

-
Maybe because it's sooooo old hat? (a shave and a hair-cut would go a long ways too!)

That and does WAY more talking than actually showing anything in any real detail so someone can actually do for themselves what he is talking about.
I think that is a big part of it for me.

That and does WAY more talking than actually showing anything in any real detail so someone can actually do for themselves what he is talking about.
I think that is a big part of it for me.

HA ! ...and I thought it was just me. Something tells me, his following doesn't notice. :)

You know, you're going to have some criticism... I hope not, your intentions are good, and I think the rest of us know that. We'll have your back in the comment section. :)
Surprise us with some humor too !

Maybe because it's sooooo old hat? (a shave and a hair-cut would go a long ways too!)
Haha right?? I love UT because I grew up as a car guy digesting stuff from him and Ehrenberg in the Mopar mags back in the 80s and 90s... Finding him on youtube was like finding a long lost friend...

HA ! ...and I thought it was just me. Something tells me, his following doesn't notice. :)

You know, you're going to have some criticism... I hope not, your intentions are good, and I think the rest of us know that. We'll have your back in the comment section. :)
Surprise us with some humor too !

In the past I have Admin and moderated other sites, so I can take criticism and use it to to an advantage or dismiss it if it isn't useful.

Thats a good point...all the keyboard commandos will eventually pop up, telling you youre wrong, what you did with your car was misguided, etc... Remember to ignore em... Dont take anything personally!! Your followers, especially FABO folks will run interference!!!!

Thats a good point...all the keyboard commandos will eventually pop up, telling you youre wrong, what you did with your car was misguided, etc... Remember to ignore em... Dont take anything personally!! Your followers, especially FABO folks will run interference!!!!

Kinda hard to be serious about someone telling me I'm wrong or misguided when I drive a 50 year old car I can jump in hit the gas station and take off out of state without so much as feeling I have to check fluids.:lol:

Subscribed!! if someone calls you fat or boring in comment box, you know who it is because my youtube time is valuable and I expect top notch. I had a youtube channel long time ago about makeup, big hair and shoes, so I know girls talk the most ****. :realcrazy: LOL

LOL Kidding, looks good already and you know I love your car.... I have the same red 73 swinger but not near as nice

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
:steering:
Kinda hard to be serious about someone telling me I'm wrong or misguided when I drive a 50 year old car I can jump in hit the gas station and take off out of state without so much as feeling I have to check fluids.:lol:
Totally agree!!! I used to be that guy...and will be again soon!!!

Very nice, I have a YouTube channel but haven't seriously started putting any content on it yet. I'm far too busy with school stuff right now but I have an idea of a channel that basically explains how and why old cars can still be relevant, and showing how to work on them from the perspective of a "millenial" (I'm 29). Far too many people my age are intimidated by carbs and distributors and it's stupid, anyone who can turn a wrench can tune them if they understand the fundamentals. They also underestimate the performance potential, and not just straight-line performance that's another thing I want to focus more on; chassis and brakes upgrades to make them more up-to-date. I want to try to make classics appealing to young people, I don't think there are any channels currently which focus on that. There are young people who have channels about doing classic car stuff but when I watch them it's obvious the content is only viewed by people who are already into it. Plus I've always felt I had a knack for explaining complicated subjects in simple ways, I'd like to put that to the test.

Very nice, I have a YouTube channel but haven't seriously started putting any content on it yet. I'm far too busy with school stuff right now but I have an idea of a channel that basically explains how and why old cars can still be relevant, and showing how to work on them from the perspective of a "millenial" (I'm 29). Far too many people my age are intimidated by carbs and distributors and it's stupid, anyone who can turn a wrench can tune them if they understand the fundamentals. They also underestimate the performance potential, and not just straight-line performance that's another thing I want to focus more on; chassis and brakes upgrades to make them more up-to-date. I want to try to make classics appealing to young people, I don't think there are any channels currently which focus on that. There are young people who have channels about doing classic car stuff but when I watch them it's obvious the content is only viewed by people who are already into it. Plus I've always felt I had a knack for explaining complicated subjects in simple ways, I'd like to put that to the test.
What really shows youth today that muscle cars can still be relevant is when FCA produces a 2018 Demon that is pretty much a purpose built drag car.

A 100k dollar drag car.

Notice they didn't make a 100k drift car. Far too many millennials believe that doing doughnuts in a car is real muscle. "Weeeee lets do doughnuts and then we can race a nissan in a Japanese parking garage, weeee"

When drag racing returns to being the American cultural icon and sport that it was in the 60s, that's when real muscle cars will be relevant again, and FCA is helping.

What really shows youth today that muscle cars can still be relevant is when FCA produces a 2018 Demon that is pretty much a purpose built drag car.

A 100k dollar drag car.

Notice they didn't make a 100k drift car. Far too many millennials believe that doing doughnuts in a car is real muscle. "Weeeee lets do doughnuts and then we can race a nissan in a Japanese parking garage, weeee"

When drag racing returns to being the American cultural icon and sport that it was in the 60s, that's when real muscle cars will be relevant again, and FCA is helping.

Agree w/the above , but u left out ''blowing their doors off !"

Great idea, We need more young people getting hooked so our cars can keep there value and manufactures continue making the parts we need!

A 100k dollar drag car.

Honestly I don't really feel like that's happening though regarding drag racing. It is becoming more popular but very few people nowadays want a car that is only fast in a straight line, especially one that's brand new. Dodge does offer handling packages for Charger/Challenger but they still can't compete with Mustangs and Camaros on tracks with turns, and it isn't helping their image. Most young car people I know and talk to see the modern Challenger as a throwback to the past, not really a legitimate performance car more of a novelty. It also seems that track days at road courses are much more popular with young people than drag racing; every time I've gone to the local drag strip there were very few people under the age of 40 (aside from children of course).

I think it's great Dodge has a world-beating production car that can run some of the quickest 1/4-mile times of any new car but they need to expand their product line a bit. Not to mention the Challenger has been out for 10 years with no serious updates and the entire LX-based platform has been around for 15. They're falling behind, again.

BRING BACK THE VIPER!

Subscribed!! if someone calls you fat or boring in comment box, you know who it is because my youtube time is valuable and I expect top notch. I had a youtube channel long time about makeup, big hair and shoes, so I know girls talk the most ****. :realcrazy: LOL

LOL Kidding, looks good already and you know I love your car.... I have the same red 73 swinger but not near as nice

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Glad I saw that last sentence, gees.:lol:

Agree w/the above , but u left out ''blowing their doors off !"

And a lot of them can only do a real donut in reverse anyway, which looks pretty stupid.:D

Honestly I don't really feel like that's happening though regarding drag racing. It is becoming more popular but very few people nowadays want a car that is only fast in a straight line, especially one that's brand new. Dodge does offer handling packages for Charger/Challenger but they still can't compete with Mustangs and Camaros on tracks with turns, and it isn't helping their image. Most young car people I know and talk to see the modern Challenger as a throwback to the past, not really a legitimate performance car more of a novelty. It also seems that track days at road courses are much more popular with young people than drag racing; every time I've gone to the local drag strip there were very few people under the age of 40 (aside from children of course).

I think it's great Dodge has a world-beating production car that can run some of the quickest 1/4-mile times of any new car but they need to expand their product line a bit. Not to mention the Challenger has been out for 10 years with no serious updates and the entire LX-based platform has been around for 15. They're falling behind, again.

BRING BACK THE VIPER!

Totally backwards from around here , most are younger than 50ish , the older ones have drivers for their cars , and/or muscle cars----
You would be surprised at amount of hellcats at the mopar meet. More than anything else now.
All chrys;er would have to do to make the hellcats roadrace worthy would be to get them down to camaro and rustang weights.

South Main Auto Repair LLC

Everyone has their own opinions but for me this Channel suits me well. No crazy background noise, clean video, and an overall good job of video capture in general. How much is invested in what got SMA there I do not know but it's probably a top 5 channel for me.

Good luck with it..... I have been nudged recently to create a Channel for my line of work since we are a dying breed but I am sure you know it's alot of work to get the editing right....

JW
I do enjoy his videos as well.
The long drawn out intros seem like a waste of time.
I really enjoy old time garage, but dont care for the intro.

Subscribed as well.
The quick tip videos are what i like the most. You know, something difficult with a simple solution.
Brake rotor removal with air hammer and water. Has saved me hours of banging with a big hammer.

BEAST !
I'm curious, did you have to spend a small fortune to get all of your equipment?

Maybe you could do a short vid... an exclusive for the FABO brethren?

Just an update on this question.
I ended up getting a bit frustrated with the cameras I already had, and my phone will only do about 10 min, of video.
Ordered a Gopro Hero 8 Black to solve that crap, and it will be here tomorrow.
Also notified the rest of the guys in our Mopars4us group that they will also be expected to add to the site. (Owning Mopars has responsibilities you know):D
They seem to be down for it.

Everyone has their own opinions but for me this Channel suits me well. No crazy background noise, clean video, and an overall good job of video capture in general. How much is invested in what got SMA there I do not know but it's probably a top 5 channel for me.

Good luck with it..... I have been nudged recently to create a Channel for my line of work since we are a dying breed but I am sure you know it's alot of work to get the editing right....

JW

I realize it's been a bit, but I am going to check that channel out and note the appeal to you that you mentioned.
Thank you.

To each there own. Long hair and a beard... what ever, fat old and bald... what ever.. etc... LOL
Noted : probly been handling it longer than u been alive !!
Here here!!!!

JW
Thanks for that channel. Totally different from UTG which he clearly has stated several times it is not a tutorial but a general show on his stuff and what he wants to do with it and some basic tech in what is being done.

No worries! Rob am sure there is someone out there doing a “school” like setting for you or anyone interested in that type of video. Have you thought about doing a school like video on a camshaft install? It’s a lot of work to fully explain everything that’s going on.

In the past I have Admin and moderated other sites, so I can take criticism and use it to to an advantage or dismiss it if it isn't useful.

Speaking of other forums.....and I may have asked you this in the past.......but have you ever been a member of any 4x4 or Jeep forums?

-
Back