A new spark plug

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
There is a new spark plug on the market they say you can get 24 horsepower out of them,called 24 horsepower or your money back.:toothy10:

There is a new spark plug on the market they say you can get 24 horsepower out of them,called 24 horsepower or your money back.:toothy10:

So that'll bring my briggs to a 35 horse? ;)

I found a picture of the new "spark plug"

29cqnfk.jpg

This kind of crap has been around since before I was born (I'm 62) and probably before my father was born. Some of these kinds of ads could have been reprinted right out of 1930 something

The new plug from anyone wont make that huge of a difference unless your current plugs are almost dead. Dont believe it. Just an advertizing gag to get $8 per plug out of you.

Those fire injectors sure resemble aircraft plugs...........

Ive been using the valvejob and re-ring pills for years with great results.... LOL

When I was in high school (around 1973) a friend of mine bought a 48 Jeep that had a 198 Buick V6 swapped into it. He bought a set of Fire Injectors from JC Whitney & was pleased with them. Later he took it to a local mechanic for a tune up & the mechanic threw them out & replaced them with standard plugs. I remember my friend kinda' laughing when he told me about it but I think that secretly he was a bit pissed.

It's just an aircraft copy plug

But is it made from the same level and quality material? Probably not even close. The market would not bare a plug 10x the normal price.Aircraft stuff is damn expensive because it needs to be much better than what we get.Then there's miltary grade,which would make one plug roughly $1500 or so...

J.C. Whitney "fire injectors" come to mind. I was a kid then, and I'm 62 now. B.S. hasn't changed much over the years

http://books.google.com/books?id=b-... lol @ the Automatic transmission comparison.

Aircraft parts are expensive because of liability insurance, not completely a quality issue, some alternators on small planes are the same thing as a jeep 4.0, exactly, just have a FAA stamped card attached.

If you think a spark plug design wont help but a piston or combustion chamber shape will help, you don't understand what is going on in there.

I have experimented with different plugs and I can say they do make a difference in throttle response and idle quality. I have no proof of horsepower improvements.

But is it made from the same level and quality material? Probably not even close. The market would not bare a plug 10x the normal price.Aircraft stuff is damn expensive because it needs to be much better than what we get.Then there's miltary grade,which would make one plug roughly $1500 or so...

Nah thats a bit of an exaggeration. Most ignitor plugs of aircraft/military grade are less than a couple hundred each. It's the exciter (basically the ignition coil) that is several thousand or ten thousand, most are radioactive, 28vdc in, ~50,000v out. Cables range in the several hundred to several thousand range. Crazy right?? For a system that is usually only active for engine start.

Yup I was being sarcastic,allthough one of those military fighter jets our boys are flying in,some of the bolts and things like that cost many thousands. There was a certain model of fighter plane Canada bought,a very good one but really pricey on little parts.I cant remember which one.

Hey fcm 42000; I have run split fires,they made no more power,gas mileage was the same and the damn things couldnt be read,as they always looked the same no matter what jet I tried. Impossible to tune a carb by reading plugs. If you want to run that sort of plug you'll need a more modern method to read the emmisions.

Gee, if i put some of those in and a Tornado on my carb and some magic pills from JC Whitney I could gain 100 horse. LOL

-
Back