a reasonable Dash recovering option

-

tooslow

Reaction score
Need my dash recovered questions
> they offer ABS vs metal Dash composite units on EBAY and also Pro/Fit interiors for much less than the $1400.00 at Just Dash Inc. Like $600.00
> Just Dash's prices seem like bananas but I cannot recover a dash, I have tried, so it seems like rocket science

Note:
I have tried the $150 recovering plastic bullshit and NOTHING looks worse , Yikes
Help Help Help Please help!

I put a plastic topper on the dash of my 65 Dart. I thought I was wasting my time, but it turned out really good. It didn't fit right until I carefully pealed all the old hardened vinyl off of the foam and then installed topper directly over the foam.

Just Dashes charges a fortune and you still have to paint it. This will definitely get me by until somebody re-pops the 65 dash pads.

And I pulled the whole thing off and made a carbon fiber cover with a gauge pod in the center for my tach, A/F ratio, and fuel level.
The little red light is an LED for the line lock system.

SANY0177.JPG

SANY0179.JPG

Hot damn, that's beautiful. I've been trying to find a good spot for a gauge cluster while redoing my dash and that is awesome.

Way Cool Beast!

Hot damn, that's beautiful. I've been trying to find a good spot for a gauge cluster while redoing my dash and that is awesome.

Thanks guys.
The pod itself is made from a computer side cover and the fiber covered panels are a piece of sheet metal bent to that curve and has 3m contact adhesive sheets under the fiber and on top of the metal.
The edge trim is RV trim (like the plastic strip goes in on the corners) split down the center and attached with a construction adhesive.
The panels are attached to the dash with 6-1 inch round spots of RTV under each panel, but the back of the pod has 2 metal strips that go down through the OE speaker grill slots and bent over flat underneath.
The front is pop riveted to the dash front corner.
I didn't wan ANY attaching points showing when it was done but I had to compromise just a bit.

Oh, and the RTV holds those panels so solid you can grab hold of it and shake the entire car by it.
I have also since done the pod face with the carbon fiber to match.

-
Back