A100 van seats

-

Steath Customs

Reaction score
HI Everyone,
Trying to get a handle on what a set of A100 van seats should cost me.
Here are 3 different sets, what should they cost approx?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

tempImageMWBWCn.png
Seats 1.jpg
tempImageSklHa3.png

It depends what shape you want them in. Mine have been in the car since 1969, when my FIL put them in there. They were brittle from sitting in the garage for 50 years so I got them reupholstered.

IMG_6699.JPG
IMG_6709.JPG
IMG_6712.JPG
Image.jpeg
IMG_0818.JPG
IMG_0820.JPG

There ain't nothing cheap about this hobby......................Wait till you look for Hemi stuff. :lol:

If you find a pair of seats you want, you just need to bite the bullet and grab them or someone else will and you will still be looking......................

I bought a few pairs over the last 10 years, paid from $100/pair to $300/pair, or you can buy new one's from Gary Ball Interiors out of Indiana. He even makes the correct frames that fold down unlike the incorrect frames from an A100 that do not...

i just sold a set for $300

frames were absolutely mint, both covers were trash. pass seat foam was maybe salvageable the drivers was totally roached. 100% complete seats, tracks worked great, zero rust and all the hardware.

if you look at the cost of upholstering the seats it might be worth getting some that are already done rather than paying hundreds of dollars for cores. By the way, a number of years ago I made some super stock aluminum seat brackets. A shop bent the plate up and I drilled the holes. There are drawings out there somewhere.

if you look at the cost of upholstering the seats it might be worth getting some that are already done rather than paying hundreds of dollars for cores. By the way, a number of years ago I made some super stock aluminum seat brackets. A shop bent the plate up and I drilled the holes. There are drawings out there somewhere.
Lots of people make them, they are not that expensive...

There ain't nothing cheap about this hobby......................Wait till you look for Hemi stuff. :lol:

If you find a pair of seats you want, you just need to bite the bullet and grab them or someone else will and you will still be looking......................
Thanks,
I don't mind paying up for something I need(I'm no stranger to that), I'm just wondering why the prices are all over the place.
I found a set today for $150, another set for $300, and yet another set for $1200. Prices are all over the place.

Lots of people make them, they are not that expensive...
I'm assuming you're talking about the brackets, correct?

I bought a few pairs over the last 10 years, paid from $100/pair to $300/pair, or you can buy new one's from Gary Ball Interiors out of Indiana. He even makes the correct frames that fold down unlike the incorrect frames from an A100 that do not...
I was under the assumption that the 68 Darts came with both kinds of seats, there was no consistency. Some had a fold down seat and some did not.
I know the A100's came with fold down seats. I've owned an A100 with a fold down seat.

I'm just wondering why the prices are all over the place.
I found a set today for $150, another set for $300, and yet another set for $1200. Prices are all over the place.

*correct* units are coveted by people building high dollar cars and generally go for good money.

so then it's a monkey see, monkey do: i have something similar so it must be worth just as much. or even though mine is busted ***, it's still "rare" so it's worth a bundle.

a lot of people are pie in the sky about their pricing. somebody can ask 1200 but that don't mean they're getting it.

i will say for a nice set that are rebuilt/covered i wouldn't blink an eye at 1K plus with the price of upholstery these days.

*correct* units are coveted by people building high dollar cars and generally go for good money.

so then it's a monkey see, monkey do: i have something similar so it must be worth just as much. or even though mine is busted ***, it's still "rare" so it's worth a bundle.

a lot of people are pie in the sky about their pricing. somebody can ask 1200 but that don't mean they're getting it.

i will say for a nice set that are rebuilt/covered i wouldn't blink an eye at 1K plus with the price of upholstery these days.
Thanks,
Is there anyone repopping the correct upholstery for a these cars? I've seen that Legendary is but not sure how correct they are.
Has anyone seen a set from them?

Thanks,
Is there anyone repopping the correct upholstery for a these cars? I've seen that Legendary is but not sure how correct they are.
Has anyone seen a set from them?
i am about as far from an expert on things like this and even more so these cars specifically. but i've seen gary ball's work and his name is known for these. so if it's out there, he'd be the go to on it. that being said i've heard that some people have had difficult dealings with him. yymv, ect, et al, and what not.

however, legendary makes excellent stuff and i wouldn't hesitate to use anything from them (and have on several cars, including my own). with the caveat that i wouldn't buy anything unless it was in stock. uncertain lead times can turn into untenable wait times.

like anything of this nature it boils down to how "correct" you want it. the more "right" it is, the more the price tag attached is gonna be.

-
Back