A25 interior group code not on fender tag

-

Mattwood440

Reaction score
I just bought a numbers matching 72 Duster 340. The list of options is included below, which is a fair amount. This car still has it's original engine, trans, and radiator core support, along with an original appearing thermoquad and rv2 compressor with all factory appearing AC components. However, someone started a restoration at some point in the past, and the build sheet is long gone. My question is this; was the A25 Interior Convenience Group coded on the fender tag? I have yet to find one that is. My car has the lighter, deluxe steering wheel, glovebox lock, and dual horns and I'm wondering if that was original to the car or added by someone later.

Similarly, I have a factory appearing chrome knob under the driver's side of the dash near the ashtray that says "speaker" which is supposedly the fader for the rear speakers. There is no rear speakers code on the fender tag and any rear speakers that where equipped are gone. Is the rear speaker option normally coded on the fender tag, meaning is this fader knob factory or something else added by someone later? Rear speakers weren't automatically included with the FM radio, AFAIK.

Thanks!

Screenshot_20230805-015804~2.png

How about a photo of the speaker switch in it's current location. As for the interior options, I don't see anything out of the typically equipped '72 Duster 340. A VL probably wouldn't have come with those options, but, a higher priceline probably did as standard equipment.

The speaker switch looks factory; unknown if it was original. Definitely not the standard steering wheel. I think this is what is referred to as the deluxe steering wheel according to the Hamtramck Registry.
PXL_20230805_225904259.jpg

PXL_20230805_225846870~3.jpg

To answer my own question, MANY options were not coded on the FT. By coincidence, there is a well documented original survivor 72 Duster 340, also black, that has the exact same scheduled production date and most of the same options as mine. But unlike mine, it has an original broadcast sheet. That car's front disc brakes, power steering, and Sure Grip, options mine also has, don't appear on its FT but do appear on its BS.

-
Back