A833 original color

-

caper340

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the correct paint color should be for a 1969 A833 four speed transmission in a Dart Swinger 340? Hope this is the right place to post this question. Thanks

I believe they came from the factory rusty.... :mrgreen:

When I was putting mine together I painted it with a hammer-toned paint just so it looked somewhat finished.
Barracuda401-vi.jpg

I believe they came from the factory rusty.... :mrgreen:

When I was putting mine together I painted it with a hammer-toned paint just so it looked somewhat finished.
Barracuda401-vi.jpg
Hey John, that's what I'm talking about. Here's the deal. I had my tranny rebuilt and when I picked it up this morning, they had painted it Tremclad gloss black " 'cus thats the way it should be". Argued the point until I thought I would split. Now I guess I will have to have it sandblasted and redone. Argghhh!!

Does anyone know what the correct paint color should be for a 1969 A833 four speed transmission in a Dart Swinger 340? Hope this is the right place to post this question. Thanks

Off on something beside's the trans. color sorry I dont know..... but let me ask you what cam is in that dart? thanks Chris

If you sand blast it make sure that everything that has a seal (imput,output,shift shaft,vent etc.) is taped off so sand won't get inside. toolmanmike

Natural cast is the factory color or non color. Cast iron spray paint wold keep it nicer looking, though.

They were natural. However, at least on the aluminum cased OD units they has the last 3 digits of the part number on top of the case....in PINK.

The bell housing was probably painted body color (you didn't ask, but I thought I'd toss that out anyway)

-
Back