-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baccus

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi, I am looking for an a904 transmission with the torque converter that will bolt to my 318 engine. I am restoring a 70 dart swinger. I am in NY near Syracuse. I have an a904 slant six trans I recently bought mistakenly thinking it was the right fit. I can trade this if wanted as part of the deal. Please let me know if you are nearby and have a transmission for a decent price that will fit. Than you.

I have 904 tranny and TQ from a 74 318 Duster, but probably 300 miles away. Don't know if you want to travel that far? I'm in Huntington area on Long Island.

Thanks, Tonysrt, but I was hoping to find one closer to home. That's a bit of a haul for me. If I havent found one at a later point, and happen to be traveling that way, I might message you about it before I travel. Thanks!

IIRC, 72 and up Torqueflights are preferential in terms of available parts, especially performance ones

And the PT KD mechanism can be retrofit down to 67 IIRC, AND
the slanty trans may have the required parts.

However, I gotta tell ya that the stock A904 from a 71 Demon is likely the all-time best shifting transmissions I was ever lucky enough to drive. Almost Immediately, I pulled that trans out and built 3 or 4 clones, kept the 71, and installed one of the clones. That was 1976.
I still have at least one clone and the original Demon trans.

And the PT KD mechanism can be retrofit down to 67 IIRC, AND
the slanty trans may have the required parts.

However, I gotta tell ya that the stock A904 from a 71 Demon is likely the all-time best shifting transmissions I was ever lucky enough to drive. Almost Immediately, I pulled that trans out and built 3 or 4 clones, kept the 71, and installed one of the clones. That was 1976.
I still have at least one clone and the original Demon trans.
Thanks for the information, I will keep an eye out. I am trying to restore the car I drove in highschool. The 70 Dart Swinger with a 318 was my first car back in 2003. The only modifications I made were a high-rise intake and a 4-barrel carb. The 318 that is with it now has both of those, and a heavy-duty racing cam that my father gave to me. I am just looking forward to cruising in my old car again . There is nothing quite like your first car.

If push comes to shove, consider going to the Mopar show in Carlisle, Pa. The earlier the better as tranny builders will buy up the cores or they send scouts to do so. There is also a guy on FB Marketplace in Carapolis, PA (just outside the Pittsburg Airport ) who builds Mopar transmission on the side. I went there and bought a 600hp capable trans. He was regular rebuilds as well

Thanks! I will keep this idea in mind. It looks like about 5 hours each way from where I live. I am hoping to come up with something closer than that... but we will have to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back