AAR rear spoiler for duster

-
if you mean the direct connection wing, look on ebay. Some dude sells repros. They aren't perfect and you may need to finish them/have a shop finish them, but its better than chasing the rare/impossible original ones.

I think i paid 150 for mine. Fits, but is just rough around the edges.

Direct connection rear spoiler looks like a duck tail (do a search on the car DustAAR) not a wing.

Yes the direct connection I look on eBay but can never find wm I hear others find em all the time , If anyone has an eBay link for one please let me know thanks

The ones people find all the time are made of fiberglass not ABS Plastic (like the original ones). You also need to have a trunk lid with a ridge down the center for it work.

Do you mean one like this? I have one more. I will see if my son wants to sell it. I think he was going to cut it down for his Omni. If he is willing to let it go I will post it. I have seen quite a few on Search Tempest in the past. Keep and eye out I seen them on Novas and other makes. I got one off of 70 Nova in a yard.

Attachments

• DSCF2982.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 1,287
Do you mean one like this? I have one more. I will see if my son wants to sell it. I think he was going to cut it down for his Omni. If he is willing to let it go I will post it. I have seen quite a few on Search Tempest in the past. Keep and eye out I seen them on Novas and other makes. I got one off of 70 Nova in a yard.

If he's willing to sell I'd be interested please let me know. Thanks I'll keep an eye out as well on other makes and models

you dont need a ridge in the trunks to pull it off this a original one

This is who you want for the repro wings: http://myworld.ebay.com/cnsmoparparts

That trunk groove, looks like he just does the cut himself before shipping. So you could probably email him and have him send you one that isnt cut.

IMO the worst thing about the original ones are the mounting divots. Makes it looks like one of those cheezy bushwacker flares.

I have an mock-up picture of mine. Though i havent mounted it because i have to finish my engine/tranny combo first:

Attachments

• duster wing 2.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 1,103
  • duster wing.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 1,194
This is who you want for the repro wings: http://myworld.ebay.com/cnsmoparparts

That trunk groove, looks like he just does the cut himself before shipping. So you could probably email him and have him send you one that isnt cut.

IMO the worst thing about the original ones are the mounting divots. Makes it looks like one of those cheezy bushwacker flares.

I have an mock-up picture of mine. Though i havent mounted it because i have to finish my engine/tranny combo first:

Thanks for the link don't know if I mentioned it but my duster is a 74 and has the trunk groove but I agree with you those mounting divots are not the best looking , I want it flush like the dustaar, I will contact this guy and see if he can make me one

Yep the old Direct Connection "Ductail" Spoiler. I've got an original one on my '74 Duster (trunk lid & spoiler was swapped on from my '73 Dart Sport). My '73 Dart also has a Direct Connection Cowl Induction Hood Scoop on it too.

Mine has seen better days though, kids climbing over the trunk about 10 years ago split it in several places. Tried fixing it a few times, but it always cracks again. The trunk lid is getting replaced and I'm going with a Go-Wing when I repaint the car here soon.

Just an FYI, the original 1973 - 1976 DC "Ductail" Spoilers actually have the center body line/ridge on the trunk lid moulded into the design (the center of the spoiler, near the bottom edge is actually heaved up to match the ridge on the trunk). It isn't just a "cut" to clear the ridge, although I'm not familiar with the reproductions that are available, they may just have a cut in them to clear the ridge.

The 1970 - 1972 DC "Ductail" Spoilers don't have the heaved up section in the center, since the trunk lid didn't have the ridge/body line down the center.

SANY0103.jpg

SANY0110.jpg

There was a guy on here that was suppose to be making and selling these, wonder what ever happend. I wanted one also.

-
Back