AC system

-

Scubakuda19

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the same AC system was used on 6cyl and 8cyl set ups? Reason I ask is the 72 Duster I bought had AC and I'm yanking out the 6cly and installing a 71' 340. Thanks

I can’t answer for your vehicles but do know that on the 65’s, the hoses are different in length between the slant and V8. Everything else is the same under hood and under the dash

I put the system from a V8 on a slant years ago ( the opposite of what you are doing). Worked fine. Will be a “try it and see” on the hoses.

I put the system from a V8 on a slant years ago ( the opposite of what you are doing). Worked fine. Will be a “try it and see” on the hoses.

Cool, thanks. I figure everything is already there whether or not I decide to use the ac. I appreciate your experience in this matter.

You'll need the brackets and pulleys for a small block with AC. The suction and discharge lines at the compressor are likely a different length. Everything else should be fine. Plenty of pics on the internet of AC dressed small blocks.

You'll need the brackets and pulleys for a small block with AC. The suction and discharge lines at the compressor are likely a different length. Everything else should be fine. Plenty of pics on the internet of AC dressed small blocks.

Thanks Demonic, In the day first thing to go was the AC when you were hopping something up, lol, but AC is en vogue......I will check out the pics of AC dressed up small blocks.

-
Back