Adding a Lean-to on the side of a building. Anyone know of a good kit?

-

SLOPAR72

Reaction score
It's hard to locate anything viable on line and I cringe at lumber cost. If anyone has added one to an existing building from a company such as Versatube please tell me your story... It's gonna be a good size unit (protect my Pontoon, Jolene lol) so it's not something you find in aisle 9 at Home Depot.

Thnx,
JW

Not sure you're going to find a kit. Typically, a lean to is designed into the structure of a building (pole barn?) from the beginning since it will affect the structural requirements.

Living in VA, you're going to have a snow load so there is that to consider. Not sure what steel prices are like where you are, but in S.TX, I can get steel pretty cheap and lot's of carport etc are built using 3 or 4 inch square tube, 12 or 14 g with steel trusses. I'm personally not a fan of versa tube, but that's just me.

One the the versa tube buildings have going for them over an open structure is the skin helps keep it rigid. A lean-to would be like a kite in my mind.

Good luck

try arrow sheds, they have aluminum ones. I am sure there are others. Tough shed comes to mind. If you are looking at wood, my neighbor built one himself. He found plans online and built it from there. Other than that its either customer built to the size you need or you will need to hire a builder . No escaping lumber or any material costs of any kind right now they are all rising.

Me and a buddy build mine a few years ago

We went to the local lumber yard and told them what we wanted
They then drew up the plans, and once the city signed of on it, the lumber yard put the package together and me and my buddy build it

I have two. First I built from lumber with a metal roof attached to my 24ft shop. The 2nd is an 14ft aluminum patio kit from patiokitsdirect online out of Corona CA. They ship everywhere and it is rated for snow load. I think a pole barn building supply would be the most cost effective solution. I just priced a new shop from them.

-
Back