After head shave question

-

oldmodlover

Reaction score
Still playing around with the head from my earlier post - Head shave question = CC.
Head is going to machine shop soon to get some more taken off it.
I already has 1.78 intake and 1.50 exhaust valves.
I can plainly see that the exhaust valves are shrouded now. Not sure what they will look like after more is shaved off the head, but l'm sure the combustion chamber will need a little work around the exhaust valves.
My question is - Should l / do l need to " port match" the head gasket to the combustion chamber ?
As it looks now, the combustion chamber " edge" is smaller than the head gasket.
If left alone, would this sharp edge not create a " hot spot" ?
Should it be be blended / radiused out to the head gasket edge?
Your thoughts....

20200601_202917.jpg
20200601_203046.jpg

You want to remember the bore size, then measure across the valves.. get where I'm going?

If the head gasket is bigger than the cylinder bore diameter, you dont match to it. You put the head on the block and scribe the bore to the head. You can bore notch to funnel the larger than bore valve set.

You want to remember the bore size, then measure across the valves.. get where I'm going?

If the head gasket is bigger than the cylinder bore diameter, you dont match to it. You put the head on the block and scribe the bore to the head. You can bore notch to funnel the larger than bore valve set.

Make sense.
I'm not a motor man but l'm learning.

-
Back