After market parts

-

Mayflwr

Reaction score
I have done a full restoration on my 1966 Dodge Dart GT. The quality and fitment of the the parts l bought including the weather seals leave something to be desired. The rubber seals for the glass especially the front windshield don’t fit like the factory did. The aftermarket windshield is a solid 3/8 inch shy from driver to passenger side when installed into the rubber gasket. The glass penetrated the rubber an 1/8th to 3/32 of an inch into the slot provided. The glass installer with 35 plus years of experience was so deterred he said he will never do another. He was baffled by the fit of the front and back glass weather seals. The companies that provide these parts don’t do restorations or installations and believe they are providing and exact replica of the original parts. My opinion is that the molds being used are not taken from the originals to fabricate the parts and if they were they missed the mark. The molds were created to make the parts were never checked for fitment and therefore the results lack in the quality. I’m sure the after market supply companies would disagree but the proof lies in the fit of the products they distribute.
Signed Mayflwr

That's par for the course like they say. We are lucky to have repop parts for the early A's. THere's not too much call for them.

-
Back