[WANTED] Air cleaner for a 1974 Swinger, 318 2bbl.

-

Larsen74Dart

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
In search of an air cleaner for '74 Dart Swinger 2D HT, 318 2bbl., to replace the "original" orange dual snorkel air cleaner that is currently on it. I haven't actually taken possession of the car yet, so I cannot confirm that this is an actual 2bbl, but it should be.
Would this air cleaner fit on a 2bbl?

IMG_8903.jpg

IMG_9304.jpg

Woah! Nice Dart and welcome! Post up some more pics of the Dart!!

I know you don’t want to hear this but when I upgraded my (75) 318 2bbl to a 4bbl, I kept the 2bbl air cleaner for a few years before pitching it. Hopefully someone has still kept theirs for you to put on yours.

I’m not aware of 2bbl dual snorkel air cleaners existing but then you can fill a warehouse full of stuff I don’t know.

Check out this website for more info:
Nick's Garage - Air Cleaner Identification

Perhaps your 318 has been upgraded to a 4bbl already? The opening at the base of the air cleaner is larger on a 4bbl so it’s not ‘easy’ to just rest a 4bbl cleaner on top of a 2bbl carb.

Thank you. And you could have left the "pitching it" part out. :-( I've been checking everywhere. No luck yet.
May have to hit the local junk yards next. I just hope there aren't a bunch more "original" parts. It's almost too clean to be true.

IMG_8913.jpg

IMG_8926.jpg

IMG_8937.jpg

IMG_9101.jpg

IMG_9139.jpg

-
Back