Air shocks??

-
Ya JR. Thats what my Ford looks like too. I put the trailer on her and she is sacked out. Fill them to 80 PSI and back up she goes.

You can get airbag kits for lowrider bikes. Nikki was looking at them when we built her bike. They are totally pointless but still kinda cool.

NO AIR SHOCKS!!! What people dont realize is the pressure and force that it puts on a uni frame car. Prolonged use of air shocks weakens the sub frame and can actually start to put to much force on the body of the car itself. I learned this as a graduate of wyo. tech. Have you ever seen a Duster or Nova that looks kinda funny in the quaters right behind the doors? Bet it had air shocks on it for a prolonged amount of time and it has actually tweaked the body.

Theres absoulte truth to this, to a degree.

The problem is encountered when people give there car the "HI-RISE" jacking up with the shocks.
Something similar can be said for overly raked cars without air shocks.

nothing wrong with air shocks if you let the car ride on the springs. when you use them to raise the rear you start having problems. need an inch or two get some longer shackles if you cant (spring) for new leafs. S/S springs did nothing for my ride heighth but make it crooked.

BANG-O BING-O! Dead on!

Air shocks are best used as a load levelng device.

Your leaf springs should be in good shape and overbent for proper rake of the car. I think it is Mr. Gasket that offers shock extenders (Bottom of the shock) as well as longer shackles.

DO NOT go to far with the shackles ethier. Bad idea to go nutz with those.

-
Back