ALERT:Scammer using my E-mail...

-

Vic Storm

Reaction score
I just found out that Lycandart received an E-mail from my account asking for $1800 for a trip to England. I did not send that message. This is a scam and I am curious if anyone else here received anything from westplainsmasonathotmaildotcom
If you do, please ignor it, I would ask no member of FABO for anything especially money. Thanks to Lycandart and Small Block for bringing this to my attention.

this account is no longer active by the way.

That right there is why I never use any freemail accounts.

Strange - I got the same type e-mail this morning from my cousin in Ireland. England is the last place he would visit. Told him to change his password and run a bot check.

Won't let me change the password, everytime I try it sends the response to da****@Gmail, probly the guy. So I can't even get into it. I tried, so I guess it's gone. What is
Running a BOT mean TomT966?

Sorry to hear and sounds like some kind of hacker. First thing I would do is "edit" your first post, so it's not "live".

westplainsmason at hotmail dot com

a bot check is a program to check your computer for unwanted/malicious junk .
My suggestion is go to this site( http://www.malwarebytes.org/)
download that free program---- run that free program on a full scan-- see what it turns up.(I also use CCcleaner)
I had to have my hard drive wiped & reloaded awhile back from one of the many trojans out in cyberspace. Lawrence

Won't let me change the password, everytime I try it sends the response to da****@Gmail, probly the guy. So I can't even get into it. I tried, so I guess it's gone. What is
Running a BOT mean TomT966?
A 'bot' is a type of malware which allows an attacker to gain complete control over the affected computer. Computers that are infected with a 'bot' are generally referred to as 'zombies'. There are literally tens of thousands of computers on the Internet which are infected with some type of 'bot' and don't even realize it. Attackers are able to access lists of 'zombie' PC's and activate them to help execute DoS (denial-of-service) attacks against Web sites, host phishing attack Web sites or send out thousands of spam email messages. Should anyone trace the attack back to its source, they will find an unwitting victim rather than the true attacker.

Thanks Cheryl for the advice. I took care of it for him. For those of us that know Tony, we know he aint goin to England. I spoke with two other people last evening and they also go the same spam sent to them. I would suspect that anyone that may have been on tonys address file will get one. It may not show up on your computer but did go to your junk or trask. Just a heads up guys.
Small Block

Thanks Small Block, what a hassle. Anyway the account is now closed and I guess my trip to england is off. Oh well, easy come easy go! LOL!!

-
Back