All at once nothing

-

74 360 dart sport

Reaction score
1974 Dodge Dart sport 360 motor has about 200 miles on it 360 stroked 4 speed manual transmission I was out for a drive I decided to lay into hard lost power steering and it started to get warm so I knew I must have lost both belts I turned it off coasted and when I was about to stop tried starting absolutely nothing no click nothing so I let the clutch out it started right up got up to 4th gear shut off the engine and coasted let the clutch out and started it again I did this until I got home about 3 miles tried to start it when I got it in the shop took the battery out and tried charging it but the battery charger went wacky I had the battery tested it was good and I had the alternator tested it was good put battery back in the key buzzer starts the loud electric fuel pump came on turned the key click nothing again no fuel pump no buzzer nothing I took my test light put the clip on the negative battery post touch the + with the point has power I stuck the point so the battery cable and the battery post on the plus side all of a sudden the fuel pump turns on because I had the key in the run position so I hooked up the neg battery to jumper cables the other neg jumper to the block of the motor and hooked up 1 positive of the jumper cables to the + on battery fuel pump starts running I go to start it and it turns over great but don't start I'm sorry for such a long post but i wanted to make sure i told you everything i did what would cause this thank's Tom

Sounds like battery cable terminals, try cleaning them. Or neutral safety switch, or wiring to the starter solenoid.

Also not to be a dick but please try to use periods, your post was a bit hard to follow.

-
Back