ALMOST able to get the car on the ground.....SNAG

-

green67cuda

Reaction score
I had a hard tome getting the driveshaft out, and now I see why....i can't get it back in....

I still have to get weight on the rear axle to check the actual length, but with the rear hanging, i have 47 1/2" from the tranny housing to the rear yoke

the driveshaft measures 46", center to center.............grrrr
wonder if i'll be able to get a driveshaft made TODAY.....or get mine shortened....

Sounds like the previous owner of your car kinds threw it together.It will be a great ride when you get it straightened out.

yeah...i got the shock mounts made, and they turned out great...i'll have pics....and got everyhting back in except the driveshaft and tires....then just gotta bleed the brakes, and we'll see how the 3.91 suregrip does....especially compared to the old 2.94 one-wheel-wonder.....

When ya get out and getit on the road get some pics for me to drool over of all the rubber your going to leave on the ground.

wonder how well 275/50 drag radials will spin....i had the same tires on my 68 mustang a few years ago, and I could spin them, but NEVER left any black marks.....of course the mustang doesn't have a big block and 3.91s either 8) just 3.55s.....

green67cuda said:
wonder how well 275/50 drag radials will spin....i had the same tires on my 68 mustang a few years ago, and I could spin them, but NEVER left any black marks.....of course the mustang doesn't have a big block and 3.91s either 8) just 3.55s.....

I thought the same of my drag radials but once you really get them spinning the rubber melts off them.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=261

-
Back