Alt. Hookup motor plate

-

Dart 67 sedan

Reaction score
I'm trying to hookup alt with a motor plate and about to pull remaining hair. Using a SW small block plate, in a 67dart. how much of the plate can I remove without getting into trouble? maybe one of you have had this happen. What did you do. Pic would helpful. going to try and 120 amp denso alt. Mopar alt just to big without cutting plate . Thanks for your help

I'm trying to hookup alt with a motor plate and about to pull remaining hair. Using a SW small block plate, in a 67dart. how much of the plate can I remove without getting into trouble? maybe one of you have had this happen. What did you do. Pic would helpful. going to try and 120 amp denso alt. Mopar alt just to big without cutting plate . Thanks for your help
Are you trying to put it in the stock location? I have seen quite a few people relocate the alternator to the lower portion of the timing cover.

trying to put anywhere it will fit. motor plate blocks the cover

if ur running a plate , put it down under where the fuel pump would normall be , use the plate for mounting bolt thru to the head bolt hole

Last edited:
I mounted a chevy 100 amp one-wire to a hole drilled at the bottom of the elephant ear, with the alternator hanging below, used a modified adjuster arm to set belt tension,mounted off the water pump. I would send a pic, but I'm 250 miles away right now.

if ur running a plate , put it down under where the fuel pump would normall be , use the plate for mounting bolt thru to the head bolt hole
IMG_0150 (1).jpg

130 AMP g m .

-
Back