Status
Not open for further replies.

H22A4

Does anyone read this?
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I thought the hard part would be extracting the broken off bolt end in the block compared to sourcing a new bolt and collar. Turns out it's reversed. I hit 3 wreckers this morning but no luck. Most of the wreckers in this area have nothing older then 15 years and the one that I thought would work (mid '90's ram van with a 318 ) already had the alternator and bolts removed. They all suggested the dealer so I stopped by there as a last resort and they couldn't help me. So does anyone have a spare one lying around they would be willing to part with? I would also need the 1 1/4" collar/washer that goes between alternator and the block as it disappeared while driving down the highway.

alternator bolt.jpg

As far as the spacer is concerned, go to hardware store and get a piece of pipe that the bolt just goes into (you can experiment with different wall thicknesses) and cut the pipe to the proper length, mine's 1 1/4" long.

Terry

66666 (Small).JPG

Thanks PostalBGraham for the potential offer of sourcing the bolt. While out running a few errands this afternoon I stopped by Home Depot and they had the exact replica bolt (3/8 5 1/2" hex bolt). I hit an alternator rebuild place and found a couple of spacers that add up to 1 1/4".

Ace hardware has a big selection of bolts and spacers for anyone ever needing them. I found the bolt and correct spacers to do mine there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back